Thread: 05 truck check my tune

Tuner in Training

05 truck check my tune

Heres my tune for a 05 chevy 2500hd 6.0 4l80. The thing runs out great on top, but lacks on the bottom, and wont do a burnout. Is it the converter and brakes keeping it from a burnout?

first is stock, second is final. The thing's afr is spot on with my wideband give or take .2 or so in spots but it runs awesome and pulls hard to the shift points once you get to 3K rpm or so.

You could try to put some more timing in the bottom regions. I have a 2003 2500HD 6.0 4L80E, and it will do a burnout and it is 100% bone stock with stock exhaust and a paper filter.

there were cases of the 4l80e's having converter and/or stator problems. there should be tsb's about it. if the sprag fails or the stator splines are worn off there will be no torque multiplication from the stator. and there will be alot of heat in the cooler pipes.

Yeah I read about that one. The one about the whine in first gear in the 4L80E, and it was supposed to be about the planetary gear for first gear making excessive noise.

you can look at mine. i have a z71 w stock 6.0 swap and a 4l60 with 220k miles and it will blaze the tires.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    04 6.0 silvy china turbo
    87 gn
    03 stroker evo ww
    00 ss camaro