Thread: newbie idle tuning question

Tuner in Training

newbie idle tuning question

ok so i had a new motor put in my car LS6 with fast 90/90 228/230cam,ported heads and all bolt on mods..had a tune from a nother build with close to the same mods..problem is the tune is commanding like 900 idle but when i start the car it jumps straight to like 1700 and the idle stays there steady..if i go to the scanner VCN controls and go to IAC STEPS and set it at 70 it idles fine at about 900 with a little serge of about 200 rpms..what do i need to look into..im pretty new with HP tuner and with 3 kids dont realy have a lot of time on my hands to just sit out there and figure it out..if you fine gentle men can point me in the right direction id appreciate it

contact details if anyone wants to explain it over the phone..i know im a super slow typer..lol
    850-377-7653
    Tom

Advanced Tuner
    You sure you don't have any vacuum leaks?

You need to post your tune and a log of it running. Be sure to insert the appropriate PID's in the primary table of the scanner, such as BRAF, IAC steps, etc...

Tuner in Training
    LTFT and STFT look pretty good, id think if there was a vacume leak they would be all over the place..i will try to post up the files, for some reason HPtiner hasent wanted to work on my desktop..i drove it last not and it seems to drive really good, just when you come to a stop she wants to idle at 1100 in drive and like 1700 in park

normally when there is a huge vacuum leak it will cause this but when you are scanning the iac counts will be 0-20 to try and get the idle down to commanded. really need for you to post a log and your tune so these guys can help you.