Thread: LS2 on LS6 TB Idle Tuning.. Help!

Potential Tuner

LS2 on LS6 TB Idle Tuning.. Help!

Tuning Noob in need of some guidance!

My setup is a 2004 CTS-V LS6 w/ Texas Speed PRC 2.5 LS6 heads with Torquer V3 Cam (111 LSA, 231/234 .643/598) 42# injectors, ported LS6 intake with the electronic LS2 ported Throttle Body, pacesetter headers magnaflow cat back, Volant CAI.

The car was professionally Dyno tuned but my LS6 throttle body died promptly afterwards and I replaced it with the professionally ported LS2 TB. When the car was tuned on the Dyno, the LS6 TB had a hole drilled in the blade, the new LS2 TB does not have the hole and as a result the car will not idle anymore, the minute I start it it dies.

There are three things I wish to accomplish so that I can get the car running long enough to utilize the data logging, scanning and wideband functions of HP tuners and further my education.

1. I added a 160 degree thermostat, is the only thing I need to tune for on
    this is?
    a. Fan 1 – On 184F ~ Off 175F
    b. Fan 2 – On 194F ~ Off 185F

2. I read to Compensate for the LS2 Throttle Body on my LS6 by changing ETC scaler to 0.0191. Where is this located, is it under Engine--> Airflow --> Electronic Throttle?

3. Idle for Cam: What tables or parameters do I need to focus my education on to get the Electronic Throttle Body open enough that it won’t immediately die when I start the car so I can get some readings on A/F ratio, etc?

I've attached the stock HPT file as well as my current HPT file of the Dyno Tune done by Wong's Performance which is named "Wong CTS-V"

Any advice, feedback or noob bashing welcome!

Thanks Fella’s!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Need a log, probably needs more idle air. Shouldn't really ever have to drill an ETC TB.

The scalar should also change.

That tune needs some TLC, for sure. They are commanding 11.2:1 AFR from 2000-4000 RPM. Unless I read your post wrong, you are NA. Looks like they may have used PE to get fueling in line. Also the spark table could use some attention IMO.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00 View Post
    Need a log, probably needs more idle air. Shouldn't really ever have to drill an ETC TB.

The scalar should also change.

That tune needs some TLC, for sure. They are commanding 11.2:1 AFR from 2000-4000 RPM. Unless I read your post wrong, you are NA. Looks like they may have used PE to get fueling in line. Also the spark table could use some attention IMO.
    Fantastic feedback, thank you! Sounds like my professional tune wasn't as good as it should have been... I am NA.

Pardon my ignorance on this, but how do I get a log file if the car dies immediately upon start up? Will a log of just 10 seconds of start up suffice? I could keep the pedal down enough to keep it running but my thought was that wouldn't help with capturing info for idle.

Throttle it until it will idle on its own if you can.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB