Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ls2 gto streetsweeper cam(228/232 600/612 111 lsa tune)

Tuner in Training

ls2 gto streetsweeper cam(228/232 600/612 111 lsa tune)

Have an 06 gto with longtube kooks headers,catless mids,vararam intake,spintech catback and installed a streetsweeper ssht cam last spring with all springs and hardware. I had a dyno tune by a guy near by and have tweaked it here and there with my software. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get a better lope out of it ? I ahve messed with low range timing and have got little more lope but still feel like it should be better (choppier).

I used to ask this a while back. If you want more lope, set your idle adapt tables to undershoot/overshoot your commanded idle. If you're looking for more true cam lope, install a more restrictive air filter or set the car to idle leaner.

Essentially loping, is misfiring. By choking off air to the engine you increase the chance of misfiring because it lessens the efficiency of the air/fuel charge in the cylinders. Smaller cubed engines with that cam to tend sound much more radical at idle.
    Last edited by IDRIVEAG8GT; 11-05-2012 at 10:24 AM.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Tuner in Training
    o. how do i do this ?

Raise the first couple of cells in the idle underspeed by 3 degrees and lower the corresponding overspeed cells by 2 or so degrees. Try it, see how you like it.

As for idling leaner, you'll take care of that with VE. Does this car have a DBW TB?
    Last edited by IDRIVEAG8GT; 11-05-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Tuner in Training
    yes. You are talking a different language than me. Im a beginner at tuning.

Post up your tune.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Tuner in Training
    This tune is from my tuner .I just went in and tweaked the idle rpms,idle airflow and timing.

Tuner in Training
    Attachment 36972

This is the original dyno tune from my tuner. This tune didnt chop much and also surged.

Tuner in Training
    anyone

Advanced Tuner
    Why is your idle airflow table zeroed out in the first one you posted?
    2006 Holden Monaro I Phantom Black Metallic I Red I One of 416
    L92/L76 I Streetsweeper HTR I SLP LT I LoudMouth 2
    JHP V2 I Powdercoated Black 18s I Kyne Splitter

2001 GTP I Stock DD

Tuner in Training
    not sure.What should it be?

Advanced Tuner
    Compare the original backup to oct 28 and look at the minimum airflow table under idle airflow.

2001 GTP I Stock DD

Tuner in Training
    do the numbers in the original look right?

What in the world happened to your Idle Airflow table? As stated above.

And on a side note, your commanded PE AFR is 12.99. That's a touch too lean IMO.

The 8 degrees of timing is causing some issues. Enter in a value of 16 degrees base idle advance, then set your idle airflow to where when you rev it and let it fall back to idle it slightly undershoots the commanded idle and then returns to it. This forces the spark advance to take care of the idle speed.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Advanced Tuner
    Twhit, i'm bluegoat06 from ls1gto. i think i have a tune for you where you can copy some settings to see how that FTI cam would idle for you. don't mess with your spark adaptive tables, leave that stock, Lol, why would you want to move the over/underspeed engine rpm barrier for stable idle to induce lope ?, she would lope with a combination of lower idle rpm, timing and RAF. that's it.

This was my Goat with a little 228/228 112 lsa cam, only 4* overlap, drove like a kitty at 650-700rpm, with a nice lope for being such a small cam.

Your 111 lsa cam should idle even better (for more lope )

This was a cold start in like 30F day, watch how the idle settles down, i could get her up in my driveway (little incline) with clutch only, no gas at all, she drove literally like stock, even with all the noise, no surges or bucking at all, cold or hot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhiW1kfhAug

I've done some LS2 Goats , cams/heads/intake, i have tunes for almost any N/A combination in LS2 Goats with Standard trans, the reason i traded the goat was because i wanted to learn to do the A6 trans, mission accomplished so far , but money doesn't come in like before, gosh i need to mod this piggy to make it fun liek the Goat was...
    Last edited by bluegoat06; 11-12-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post
    Twhit, i'm bluegoat06 from ls1gto. i think i have a tune for you where you can copy some settings to see how that FTI cam would idle for you. don't mess with your spark adaptive tables, leave that stock, Lol, why would you want to move the over/underspeed engine rpm barrier for stable idle to induce lope ?, she would lope with a combination of lower idle rpm, timing and RAF. that's it.

This was my Goat with a little 228/228 112 lsa cam, only 4* overlap, drove like a kitty at 650-700rpm, with a nice lope for being such a small cam.

Your 111 lsa cam should idle even better (for more lope )

This was a cold start in like 30F day, watch how the idle settles down, i could get her up in my driveway (little incline) with clutch only, no gas at all, she drove literally like stock, even with all the noise, no surges or bucking at all, cold or hot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhiW1kfhAug

I've done some LS2 Goats , cams/heads/intake, i have tunes for almost any N/A combination in LS2 Goats with Standard trans, the reason i traded the goat was because i wanted to learn to do the A6 trans, mission accomplished so far , but money doesn't come in like before, gosh i need to mod this piggy to make it fun liek the Goat was...
    Where is the like button? He shouldn't need any more work at idle I've been helping him, he said the idle was much better now. And I agree RPM and idle spark is a better way of getting lope.

2001 GTP I Stock DD

Advanced Tuner
    Cool dude, i didn't know, glad his idle is better

Tuner in Training
    Check pms . You guys are awesome. So cool that people help eachother out here !!!!!!! Really appreciate it.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post
    Cool dude, i didn't know, glad his idle is better
    Hope I didn't sound like a dick, I was agreeing with your post. I'm a teach a guy to fish kinda guy and was helping him out. Not a pissing match

2001 GTP I Stock DD