Thread: tbss 4l80 swap, sort of

tbss 4l80 swap, sort of

ive been asked by a local hot rod shop to give them a hand with a project of theirs. its a 58 chevy pickup with an 07 trailblazer ss 6.0l engine and 4l80e. they have had a wiring harness built for the truck (no evap or downstream o2) and today i went and got the vats issues taken care of and turned off any codes related to the missing equipment, and got the truck to run.

now the issue starts is with the transmission, they figured that with the wiring harness they could just hook it all together and nothing needs to change with the transmission side of things, as a transmission builder by trade i told them its not exactly that easy. the wiring harness has been built for a 4l80e, so everything is hooked up. what do i need to do computer wise to get this thing to work? ive read about segment swaps, orusing relays with the 4l60/4l70 segment. now i havent found any solid info on anything.

anyone have any input here? all im trying to do is make the truck run and drive without killing itself, their customer is going to have it tuned elsewhere.
    2005 Cobalt SS Supercharged
    60lb injectors, 2.7" pulley, ported blower, dual pass intercooler with option B, cobra heat exchanger, devils own alcohol injection, clear image mid length header, 2 1/2" catless exhaust, zzp intake, powell motorsport "rotated" mounts, hurst shifter, Pedders springs, ss/tc struts, hawk pads and r1 rotors

does anyone have any input? ive found out a little about the relay/resistor setup with the 4l60e segment, but id rather not go that way. any info would be great
    60lb injectors, 2.7" pulley, ported blower, dual pass intercooler with option B, cobra heat exchanger, devils own alcohol injection, clear image mid length header, 2 1/2" catless exhaust, zzp intake, powell motorsport "rotated" mounts, hurst shifter, Pedders springs, ss/tc struts, hawk pads and r1 rotors

ok so hp tuners supports says a segment swap isnt possible. does anyone know how i can make this work? would i be able to swap in a t42 tcm from a truck with a 4l80e?

im stuck here. any help or info is appreciated.

Tuner in Training
    check out the threads on tbssowners, or talk with greg at phoenix. Most people use the existing 4l60 tcm and repin the harness.

well we are giving up on running a stock computer. due to a lack of info and time constaints (the truck leaves tuesday for the goodguys show) we are putting a tci ez-tcu into it.