Thread: 5.3 pcm swapped to my 6.o tune?

5.3 pcm swapped to my 6.o tune?

ok built a rock crawler installed a LQ4 6L but used an 01 5.3tahoe pcm behind it is a th400 so no worries about tranny control

my daily drivers is an 02 2500 hd with LQ4 that i have already tuned

should i
    A just do a compare and swap what is not the same or

B write entire my 2500HD tune to the 5.3 PCM????
    thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Since you already have a license for the 6.0L file I would write entire and go from there
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

yeah i had already tried to copy most the stuff over it didnt idle great just did write entire with HD tune runs like a top

when you do a write entire does it write the vin# too? does this cause problems?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes it would change the VIN but in a swap vehicle who cares

I guess it is no different than if a pcm goes bad and you replace it with another and turn off the vats. I am just curious about doing this on some vehicles that have different engines swapped into them - I have'nt done this yet and it looks like it can save a lot of time with a lot of the idle tables matching up a little closer to what size engine has been swapped in.

Obviously this worked for you, I'm putting this out there for others in the future and correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the OS needs to be the same between the 2 pcm's or you can have problems. I'm under the impression you cannot just grab any Bin file from any pcm and "write entire" it to any other pcm.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by joshmith View Post
    Obviously this worked for you, I'm putting this out there for others in the future and correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the OS needs to be the same between the 2 pcm's or you can have problems. I'm under the impression you cannot just grab any Bin file from any pcm and "write entire" it to any other pcm.
    The OS doesn't have to match as that is the whole point in making the change most times. You have to use your head and pick the right file to use though. Like don't run an auto with a manual file, or cable throttle with drive by wire etc. Do your homework and you will be fine.

Cool. Thanks Flame. This was the answer I was really fishing for!