Thread: Take a look at my scan please.

Tuner in Training

Take a look at my scan please.

Car is a stock Grand Prix GXP, 5.3 LS4. The only thing i've done to it is add a K&N panel filter.

Couple questions. Car has some KR that shows up under WOT, and for some reason my TPS is only showing 88% when i have it to the floor.

I have a WB o2 on order but for now i've richened it up a little based on the fact that I was getting up to 8 deg of KR and NB o2s were 880 at WOT. Now you can see o2s are 900-920 and KR is less but not gone.

Thanks for any help and input.

Jason

*edit*
    Found out about the TPS thing. Still reading all the info i can here. New the HPT.
    Last edited by Jason Austin; 10-27-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    donot trust on your nb...mine shows 850-880mV to be on 12.5 afr read on the wideband....

Tuner in Training
    Wow, that's way off. I've got a LC1 on the way so it will be neat to see how far off mine is.

On my turbocharged 3.8 it was dead on withe tha narrow band, but I think that was a fluke.

Unless the engine is too lean, 8 deg of knock is too much to fix with more gas. I mean, going from 12.5 to 12.0 AFR in a stocker isn't going to do it.
    Modify your PE table to give it more gas, add 0.5 AFR at a time to see if it has any effect.

I have tuned several cars which had too much KR, I went from 13 to 10 AFR and the KR didn't go away. Besides the richer AFR I had to use colder plugs and less timing to fix it. However they were high CR or SC engines

Use 91 octane fuel, check if the MAF is working good. If you can, add a few gallons of race gas to check if the knock is real or false. Check if the knock sensors are good.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Monte,

I use 91 for sure. I've only had the car for two weeks and I'm digging in and getting her back into tip top shape. I still need to change plugs, clean Maff, and r2 the fuel filter.

No codes are set for knock sensors.