Thread: Maf dialing in using Data 2011 CTSV

Tuner

Maf dialing in using Data 2011 CTSV

OK I have spent considerable time trying to dial in my MAF to no avail; to lean…to rich.. OH boy!
    I know how to disable VE correction/DFCO/more.. no problem, very straight forward. My problem is how to use the DATA form the log to modify the MAF table with the correct information. I do use the MAF Histogram giving me the AFR errors collected by my NGK wideband. I realize if I rented a dyno (none around where I live), would be the best tool to help dial-in my maf. I am trying to dial in the MAF street driving; has anyone had good success doing this? or is it just me?
    1, what is the best gear to data log for the Maf, does it need to be 1to1 and how long should I hold the RPM to reach MAF steady state to get the best data? I use the hp histogram average setting while looking thru the data
    2 and for VE data logging any tips for best data logging
    I do have DFCO off while logging
    Help

Lower maf you can probably do in the driveway by holding each section on the hz range for a certain period, also putting it in drive to add load and holding the brake will help.

This is what I do for the lower cells. That said I haven't been successful yet, but as I found I have to move my wideband to before the cat. So after I do that my method should be fine.

Problem with driving is it constantly goes into acceleration enrichment on/off throttle. This is why I do the driveway steady state for the lower maf.

Realistically you need a dyno for the upper maf/wot regions mostly

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyCool View Post
    Lower maf you can probably do in the driveway by holding each section on the hz range for a certain period, also putting it in drive to add load and holding the brake will help.

This is what I do for the lower cells. That said I haven't been successful yet, but as I found I have to move my wideband to before the cat. So after I do that my method should be fine.

Problem with driving is it constantly goes into acceleration enrichment on/off throttle. This is why I do the driveway steady state for the lower maf.
    You are right alway trying to skim off acceleration enrichment on/off throttle
    and yes my Wideband is before the cats. How does anyone tune just remotely? Does anyone else have input.

You need to adjust the lower portion of the MAF by logging MAF Hz versus STFT's. Disable LTFT's when doing this. It should essentially plot the data versus STFT's in a percentage. You simply copy and paste the data to your MAF transient section by using "right click, multiply special, percentage"

The high end is all up to you and your wideband.

Make sure you view your table in a 2D graph mode. It should be a somewhat linear looking slope. Any rough jagged pieces will need to be smoothed by hand.

A nice easy drive with slow varying throttle will do the trick to increase and decrease load.
    Last edited by IDRIVEAG8GT; 10-26-2012 at 09:20 AM.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    You need to adjust the lower portion of the MAF by logging MAF Hz versus STFT's. Disable LTFT's when doing this. It should essentially plot the data versus STFT's in a percentage. You simply copy and paste the data to your MAF transient section by using "right click, multiply special, percentage"

The high end is all up to you and your wideband.

Make sure you view your table in a 2D graph mode. It should be a somewhat linear looking slope. Any rough jagged pieces will need to be smoothed by hand.

A nice easy drive with slow varying throttle will do the trick to increase and decrease load.

Thanks for the info, I will be offering my sister for your effort if this works, (don't worry i have been told she cute) .
    i gather this is done in OL, is it best to disable VE and do maf only with stft. then do the same disable maf and do ve onlywith stft so that my data does not get scewed
    Or do you leave both on ve and maf ON for this exercise

Ahha, you a funny man.

Anyways, this will be done via forcing the car into MAF only. Let it go into Closed Loop fueling, and try to get at least 150 hits per cell for an accurate percentage base.

I don't think you can run one in OL with trims running anyways.

You will then turn the MAF off and tune the SD. Personally I just run em in pure SD mode anymore but it's all up to you. I haven't had the chance to fiddle with a new CTS-V yet so I couldn't tell you specifics.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap