Thread: Am I Missing Something? Gen4 & Wideband Tuning Guide

Am I Missing Something? Gen4 & Wideband Tuning Guide

Attached Original Tune & Original Tune but Setup for MAF Tuning via Wideband. Please confirm this is correct someone. Included a HP Scanner config file too.

I have my AEM wideband (after the cat) ........ which I believe is my problem as it's reading like 13.5afr at idle.... and the car is virtually stock but i cant get it infront of it, it's too tight.

No matter if I try lambda or afr error....... I seem to go way off the moment i make a change to the maf table etc..... and now after it all i'm totally given up......

HELP. See attached...

I have been doing steady state tuning but.... again it's after the cat converter. I'm not sure how to compensate for this or if there is something I have missed in my tune setting it up for MAF tuning.

Any comments? Do I also need to maybe set InjTempGain to 1.0 as well?
    Last edited by BigDaddyCool; 10-24-2012 at 04:21 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Don't think you can compensate for the Cat,
    You need to put it before the cat or all reading will be wrong.

edit" There has to be room somewhere but you could also just use one of the Front O2s spots temporarily.

Or just whack your cats off lol. Seriously though, a reading after the catalytic converter should be a touch on the lean side, not rich.

Like the above poster has mentioned, pull a front O2 and stick your sensor in there.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

If you're just doing part throttle, use fuel trims to calibrate your MAF. To properly tune WOT, you will need to get in front of the cat. There's no way around that. Just go to an exhaust shop and get a bung welded on.

Your wideband may be bad though. I never see that drastic of a difference. The car will indeed act like an oxygen sponge though, holding and releasing oxygen. This masks the actual output of the engine.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Yeh it's a bit rediculus I cant get a shifter or nothing up into the area of the front o2's..... they are in such a tight spot...... By the looks, I'll have to pull the engine headers off the engine and disconnect it at the cat just to get it in there.......... even if i took it to an exhaust shop they'd have to do the same.....

I'll have another look.... Atleast it seems people agree, after the cats is just gunna give me so so readings......

What about the InjTempGain ....... should I set that to 1.0 in open loop when doing maf via wideband?

yes.