Thread: can't start, can't read computer... help!

Tuner in Training

can't start, can't read computer... help!

2007 solstice le5 2.4 liter with a e67 computer

won't start, cant read codes, cant access to upload a new tune. car will not turn over, will not do nothing. security ight stays on.....

bcm connects to the ecm, do I have a bcm issue? tuner across the state was able to access the ecm with HPTuners and another hookup method. My HPTuners is working just fine with my two other cars..
    |2009 G8GT|418 LS3|headers|vararam|patriot gold|self-ported L92s|dod delete|custom "Mr. Miyagi" cam|

You need to do a theft lock relearn and/or figure out which part of your pass-lock system took a crap.

Passkey II –

To perform a relearn on a Passkey II system, make sure there is a fully charged battery in the vehicle. The battery will be used for 30 minutes without the alternator available for charging. Connect a battery charger to the battery to ensure power is available while programming. Both
    the BCM and PCM must be working and communicating with each other.

1. Insert ignition key and turn to the “ON” position. Do not attempt to start the engine. Leave the key in the “ON” position for approximately 11 minutes. The security light will be steady on or flashing for the 11-minute period. Do not proceed to Step 2 until the security light
    turns off or stops flashing.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the “OFF” position for 30 seconds.

3. Turn the ignition switch to the “ON” position as in Step 1 for 11 minutes.

4. Turn the ignition switch to the “OFF” position for 30 seconds.

5. Turn the ignition switch to the “ON” position as in Step 1 for 11 minutes for a third time.

6. Turn the ignition switch to the “OFF” position for 30 seconds for a third time.

7. Turn the ignition switch to the “ON” position for 30 seconds.

8. Turn the ignition switch to the “OFF” position.

9. Attempt to start the engine.
    If the engine starts and runs, the relearn is complete