Thread: Whipple IAT's always reading ~15 degrees low

Whipple IAT's always reading ~15 degrees low

I just installed a Whipple complete kit on my 2010 LS3 Camaro... now I see something interesting with the "low" intake air temps: My running/driving logged IAT's run about 15F above ambient.. but now I noticed this:

Over the last few weeks the car's been sitting at various temps for ~20+ hours inside my garage... and the garage temp is within 2 degrees of the coolant temp... and the ambient temp on the radio matches the coolant temp also within a degree or two.. and I see this right before I start the car:

Coolant Temp/Ambient Temp-----------IAT Temp
    55f-----------------------------------39f (-16f) (41f = 4536 resistance in the cal info)
    59f-----------------------------------43f (-16f)
    72f-----------------------------------57f (-15f) (59f = 2976 resistance in the cal info)

So, is this an error, or is the cal off on purpose? I haven't taken the sensor out to verify with a thermocouple since it's hard to get too.. but i will at some point.

Anybody else see this? I cant imagine this is only seen on my setup but I guess anything's possible.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 10-22-2012 at 09:46 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires