Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet another MAP question

Yes I have the standard GM 1 bar sensor. So, I am lost, what would the HPT licence do for this? I didn't buy anything but the standard HPT package I thought.

I don't rape PE tables cause I don't know what I am doing anyway....

DGA your sig= lololololol
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Quote Originally Posted by c.u View Post
    looking at your file you are not running a 2bar os. did you put vacuum to it. i need to no if you did and what in.of vacuum you got to for the sensor to read 100 kpa.
    I will have to set up a vacuum source and check it. Don't have a handheld vacuum pump but have an AC one so that will have to work somehow.

I would guarantee you've got a wiring issue somewhere. If the PCM is saying 300+ kPa for baro pressure, it's seeing ~15v on the input. How something isn't damaged, I have no idea.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    I would guarantee you've got a wiring issue somewhere. If the PCM is saying 300+ kPa for baro pressure, it's seeing ~15v on the input. How something isn't damaged, I have no idea.
    I have to agree. Still can't figure out why I only get 5V with key on engine off yet it shows 335 Kpa or so. Maybe I should try reversing the signal and 5V pins in the plug. I also need to trace the signal wire to the ECU plug and make sure that is correct.

I swapped the 5V and signal pins over and tried that. The ground is the ground so should not be a problem. I got a really low, -10 Kpa reading like this and it would not change, looking at it later it destroyed the MAP sensor. Tried pulling a vacuum on the other original GM sensor, with key on, engine off the MAP signal is still 335 Kpa, when you pull a high vacuum on it, it goes to -15 or so. Sucking on it by mouth you get low as well, about 10 Kpa. Strange.

Is there a chance the ECU has a bug in it's firmware or something? I have not checked the 5V when running the engine is the only other thing I have not tried.