Thread: Cammed Ls2 GTO question

Question Cammed Ls2 GTO question

I recently cammed my GTO and have come across a problem that I never had before. ..

The cam pulls so hard, and the nature of my light weight ACT clutch and flyweel setup makes this motor want to really rev, but the VE table only allows for a 6800 max to dial in... what is everyone else doing to rev up to 7k or beyond??

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Owner/Tuner Street Performance Syndicate

06 GTO: D1SC , Full Suspension, 23X .6xx lift Ed Curtis Cam, Mast Heads, Gforce 9" 4.11 Gears, Holley High Rise, Stage 12 Fuel System, Boost By Gear

01 Duramax: Blown Tranny (again) BWs467 Turbo, Head Studs, Exergy Injectors, Lift Pump, Moonshine
    2014 Taurus SHO: (Wife's Car) OR DPs, Tuned, CAI
    2006 TBSS; AWD SLP Catback, K&N CAI, Tuned

you are running per maf after 3700 rpms. So not a problem just make sure the maf transfer is tune right.

That is the way that the GTO tune works?? That works for me, it stays between 12.4-12.6 afr all the way to the 7000 rpm redline now, I was just wondering why that VE table was not as large as the timing table.

06 GTO: D1SC , Full Suspension, 23X .6xx lift Ed Curtis Cam, Mast Heads, Gforce 9" 4.11 Gears, Holley High Rise, Stage 12 Fuel System, Boost By Gear

01 Duramax: Blown Tranny (again) BWs467 Turbo, Head Studs, Exergy Injectors, Lift Pump, Moonshine

VE is more used by GM at part throttle. It wasn't meant for much at WOT with higher rpm.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

I learn something new every day. Good to know.

If you're speed density though does it just carry over the last row for anything beyond 6800?
    2006 CGM A4

Bumping this, the car still gets an occasional misfire, and I cannot seem to figure out why. The starup is a bit rough still and I do not know what else to do to dial it in better. It starts up and goes waaaay rich, like almost flood rich. Any help would be appreciated. I am changing plugs tomorrow, so hopefully that will help a bit. But the startup is no good still.

It is ok when it is cold out, but when warm, like if I run into a store for a few minutes, then restart is wayyy rough and I have to hold the RPMs around 2000 until the wideband shows around 14 then I let off and it is ok. I do not know if it is a timing issue or the overly rich condition that is causing it or both.

Sounds like your airflow model is waaaaaay off.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!