Thread: P1SC LS1 to LQ4 Swap

Tuner

P1SC LS1 to LQ4 Swap

I am putting an iron 6.0 liter in a c5 right now. The car is a stock longblock ls1, stock cam with intake, tb, longtubes, and meth with a 2bar SD tune.

If I leave everything alone in the tune, can I just start by dialing in the VE again? Does the lower compression bring me farther from detonation, or will the increased airflow from the added displacement bring me close to the edge?

Should I just start from scratch, or can I leave this tune mostly intact and adjust ve?

Thanks,

Jack
    Last edited by cptinjak; 10-15-2012 at 06:25 PM.
    -2000 C5

You will need to change the displacement size and adjust the fueling (assuming the bottom end is all that changed). You may need to tweak the timing as well for lower compression, but it depends how much of a change it is.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00 View Post
    You will need to change the displacement size and adjust the fueling (assuming the bottom end is all that changed). You may need to tweak the timing as well for lower compression, but it depends how much of a change it is.
    Stock LQ4 longblock replacing the stock LS1 longblock. Not getting paid enough as it is, so the heads are staying on! haha I believe the LQ4 is 9.4 to 1 vs the LS1 which is 10.1 to 1. The 317 heads on the LQ should flow a bit better than the 806 casting heads on the LS.

I'm guessing that the lower compression means I should be able to tune fueling starting with the spark advance where it is now and I won't run into detonation issues, but I'm hoping someone smarter than me that has experience with this type of change can say for sure.

Jack
    -2000 C5