Thread: Misfiring and rich at idle on bank2. Any help would be appreciated. Tune, scan inside

Potential Tuner

Misfiring and rich at idle on bank2. Any help would be appreciated. Tune, scan inside

So after I installed my 4000 stall, 232/238 598/601 lift cam, Longtubes, Corvette o2 sensors and a pacesetter Y-pipe. My car is running insanely rich. I checked for exhaust leaks, got my o2's replaced twice and checked my o2 connections but nothing is helping it. It runs good at WOT and part Throttle probably because the o2 is adjusting the a/f ratio but as soon as i try and idle it loads up with fuel on right bank. I just can't figure it out and also if anyone can take a look at my tranny tables because I can't seem to get my stall converter to lock up when cruising.

Thanks, It's my DD and i'm broke so i'm trying to learn as fast as i can lol

Advanced Tuner
    Stock injectors, I assume.

I would start tuning with Open Loop and with WB, because of your camshaft has decent duration..

Potential Tuner
    any other suggestions?

Potential Tuner
    anyone?

Tuner
    Why corvette o2's?

Second its not that its rich, its lean. Your bank 2 is pretty much dead. First make sure your injectors are firing on the passenger bank, the injector control circuit differs bank1 to bank 2. Might just be a blown fuse.

Then if thats good just for the hell of it swap your o2's and make sure you have the same readings.

Then third i dont know what intake you have but just make sure a big vaccum leak isnt capable.

Potential Tuner
    i'll try them and I've replaced the o2's twice. on camaros you need the corvette o2's because there longer for the longtubes.

Advanced Tuner

turn off LTFTs

use this Config in your scanner, turn off your LTFTs as this tune has it, under Fuel-->open closed loop Disable LTFT,Enable STFT open loop it helps cold start up,LTFT RPM boundaries change too for when you enable.USe STFT to tune everything but WOT
    2000 Firebird,2002 O.S.,LQ4 370,Borg Warner S475,truck mani.,Eagle crank,Callies Compstar Rods,Wiseco-11 4.030 pistons 9.4:1 comp.,LS3CNC heads,LS3 intake,NW92mm throttle body,ID1000 injectors,BTR trunion upgrade,LJMS STG3 cam,LS7 Lifters,ARP Studs-bolts,Frozen Boost A to W intercooler,JGS 60MM BOV,2 40mmJGS Wastegates,4L80E trans wth segment swap,CircleD 3400 single disk,MOSER 12 3.31gears ,BMR K-Mem.,2 Walboro 450 pumps,Returnstyle fuelsystem MAGNAFUEL regulator.
    LS1Tech sig KRAZY K 2000 TA

Potential Tuner
    Sorry to resurrect this old thread but can anyone help with tuning for better mpg on the setup. i was able to get it to idle right but my mpg is around 5-7mpg

According to what?

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    according to?? my bad mpg? I averaged it from filling it up measuring the miles and refilling it..

Tuner
    right bank 02 is doa check wiring on 02 or remove and replace ..i know you said you done this already check for bent pins not latch all the way wrong connector it is plugged into etc ...to check for converter lock up it might be but here is how to check it ..with your foot still applying some throttle 12-15 percent take your left foot and tap the brake pedal watch the tach if you have one it should jump up 200-300 rpm if it does this the converter is locking up hth