Thread: How to check if coolant is leaking into turbo?

How to check if coolant is leaking into turbo?

Im having an issue with coolant going low, it is either a head gasket leak or a turbo seal leak but no external leak, I followed the proper procedures for filling the coolant but it still goes down a little and it says low coolant. ? what can i do to check this? if anything?

If no condensation in the crankcase, I'd suspect the turbo. Normally a leaking head gasket will fog up the crankcase pretty good. You would see condensation on the oil filler cap.

On the LNF the head gasket is not a common issue from what I've read.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Your the first person to say you think its the turbo every keeps scaring me and saying its a cracked block. I don't see any performance loss so i don't think its that. I don't see any white smoke or stream. Im don't see any water in the oil no gray colored oil, a little oil in the cap but i don't think it has moisture in there at all. Im going to change the oil tomorrow and see what comes out. I hope its the turbo so i can buy the zfr and fix the problem at the same time if its the head gasket or a cracked block im fucked?

I saw your thread on CSS also, a pourous block would have condensation in the crankcase same as the head gasket imo.

A used oil analysis sent to Blackstone labs might help narrow it down but if the turbo seals are blown, you may get some cross contamination anyway. Not sure.

do you have a stock tune file for the car?

Quote Originally Posted by brycerice View Post
    do you have a stock tune file for the car?
    Need more input. Year, model, trans, ect.

Check the repository, write entire.