Thread: help needed 6.2L swap in my 2010 Tahoe 5.3L

Tuner in Training

help needed 6.2L swap in my 2010 Tahoe 5.3L

Thanks in advance for the help... I have a 2010 Tahoe 5.3L that I recently transplanted a 6.2L out of a 2007 Escalade EXT. It was a complete engine with the following components

09359409 Map sensor
    12580681 Injector
    15900023 MAF

The engine has VVT now, and didn't before, however it has flex fuel and DOD before and now doesn't.

Couple issues I am having is this. I compared a 2007 6.2L file from the HP tuners data base, and I first tried to just change all maps hoping it would be as easy as that. (never is right...) The truck didn't even want to run at all, and was extremely lean. Data log was showing short terms and long terms adding a bunch of fuel. It also throws a map sensor performance high code, which is very odd because at zero vacuum, the car is showing about 120KPA on the log.

I got the car running to move around now by adjusting the MAF table but the car goes into limp mode constantly and has the map sensor performance high code constantly.

What would cause the map sensor to read so high? Offset and linear is set to stock settings. All the searching I have done tells me this is a 1 bar map sensor.

If anyone can help that would be great. Thanks again for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by frcfed347 View Post
    Thanks in advance for the help... I have a 2010 Tahoe 5.3L that I recently transplanted a 6.2L out of a 2007 Escalade EXT. It was a complete engine with the following components

09359409 Map sensor
    12580681 Injector
    15900023 MAF
    The MAP sensors are different - 2007 is a Delphi, the 2010 is a Bosch. Not only are these physically different but their respective programming in the tune is also different. The diameters of the sensor portions are different - so these are not a simple swap between manifolds without the risk of a vacuum leak.

The engine has VVT now, and didn't before, however it has flex fuel and DOD before and now doesn't.
    The original 2010 LMG 5.3 L should have had VVT, AFM (DOD), and Flex Fuel options.

The 2007 L92 only has VVT.

Couple issues I am having is this. I compared a 2007 6.2L file from the HP tuners data base, and I first tried to just change all maps hoping it would be as easy as that. (never is right...) The truck didn't even want to run at all, and was extremely lean. Data log was showing short terms and long terms adding a bunch of fuel. It also throws a map sensor performance high code, which is very odd because at zero vacuum, the car is showing about 120KPA on the log.
    See comments below.

What would cause the map sensor to read so high? Offset and linear is set to stock settings. All the searching I have done tells me this is a 1 bar map sensor.
    The MAP programming in the tune is incorrect - you should see local atmospheric pressure from the MAP (often around 100 kPa) with the key on, but the engine not running.

OK .. what to do ?

Your 2010 LMG 5.3 L probably used ECM OS12636005. I would recommend flashing a calibration using this same OS from a 2010 Tahoe with the L9H 6.2 L - these were VVT & Flex Fuel.

This calibration should work with your existing 2010 MAF.

That would leave the injectors and MAP to deal with.

Your 2010 wiring harness has a MAP plug for the Bosch MAP - not sure what you did here - but configure the MAP parameters appropriately.

The injectors - this can be a real problem for the novice tuner. The 2007 injector tables are different than the 2010 tables - and cannot be directly copied over.

Probably easiest to use your 2010 LMG 5.3 L injectors, and copy their data from the 2010 5.3 L tune, into the 2010 L9H 6.2 L tune.

Just some options ...

Here is the file I am using on my 2010 Silverado with a 2007 Escalade 6.2 engine swap.

Have a look at it and compare it.

Note that it has a comp cam VVT cam and though it is much different in tune that stock plus Trans Shift RPM are totaly different and might not work with stock engine.

DOD is disabled.

Just compare it and copy the stuff in relation to your file.

Might help