Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LS3 Manual Trans Camaro Boosted PE Delay causing lean/knock during Shift

Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    I bet you got picked on a lot as you were growing up.
    Nah, not really.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Nah, not really.
    Uh huh
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Uh huh
    It's true. I didn't have to post "woe is me" on my FB feed all the time either.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Thanks for the help IDRIVEAG8GT! I'd like to talk to these GM calibration engineers... see what they were thinking!

EDIT: Are you talking about the "Warmup Transient Fuel/BASE GAIN" or you talking about the "Impact Factor/Gain"?

My Warmup Transient Fuel/Base Gain table is all 0'd out... so.. any suggestions what to add in there to get started?
    Last edited by 10_SS; 10-16-2012 at 02:50 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    Thanks for the help IDRIVEAG8GT! I'd like to talk to these GM calibration engineers... see what they were thinking!

EDIT: Are you talking about the "Warmup Transient Fuel/BASE GAIN" or you talking about the "Impact Factor/Gain"?

My Warmup Transient Fuel/Base Gain table is all 0'd out... so.. any suggestions what to add in there to get started?
    Warmup Transient Fuel Base Gain. Just highlight the whole damn thing and that will take care of your issue. I've been testing it thoroughly today and it's working spectacularly.

Use what is in my tune under the transient tab, and I mean all of it, the changes with the EVAP factor, base gain, etc etc. Chances are that it may go way rich between shifts, in which case you should simply reduce the transient base gain by 10% at a time. Enjoy.
    Last edited by IDRIVEAG8GT; 10-16-2012 at 04:42 PM.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    It's true. I didn't have to post "woe is me" on my FB feed all the time either.
    Are you so sure about that Dave? Lol not from what I've read. Hypocrite much?

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Advanced Tuner
    As the title says, I just installed a Whipple on an otherwise stock LS3 manual trans 2010 Camaro.

And, Im analyzing the logs, and noticed a somewhat serious problem during shifts related to the reaction of the MAP sensor and it delaying PE mode/additional fuel.
    May I ask a simple question: in your logs, what is the relationship with Injector Pulsewidth and Commanded AFR?

For some reason, when going WOT, IPW seems to follow TPS fairly well. Yet when PE activates, I don't see much change in IPW.

Strange, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pekka_Perkeles View Post
    May I ask a simple question: in your logs, what is the relationship with Injector Pulsewidth and Commanded AFR?

For some reason, when going WOT, IPW seems to follow TPS fairly well. Yet when PE activates, I don't see much change in IPW.

Strange, isn't it?
    Yes it is strange, PE itself activates late...Also I noticed the Commanded AFR is delayed after that..., and the injector pulse follows commanded AFR... so...
    I'm trying to tune the Transients tables as IDRIVEAG8GT recommended... will know more later.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Update: I noticed something weird as hell on my G8. When I write a tune into it on its first start, I can go out, drive the car, go WOT and it'll do exactly as it should.

But as soon as I kill the car and restart it, it'll act fine until I go WOT. Then it's like the car completely forgets it has a transient fuel mode. With quick throttle transitions it has a noticeable dead spot where the IPW doesn't spike whenever I hit the gas. The rpm drops about 200 like the engine is dead for a bit, then the Pulsewidth spikes and it takes off.

It is the strangest thing I have ever seen.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Tuner
    Thats what I've been noticing myself...but it also showed a dip in throttle % and O2 m/v dropping all at the same time.

Hey Bill/Chris, are you guys reading through this? We might have a small problem that I think only you guys can fix.

Bueller bueller?

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Update: I noticed something weird as hell on my G8. When I write a tune into it on its first start, I can go out, drive the car, go WOT and it'll do exactly as it should.

But as soon as I kill the car and restart it, it'll act fine until I go WOT. Then it's like the car completely forgets it has a transient fuel mode. With quick throttle transitions it has a noticeable dead spot where the IPW doesn't spike whenever I hit the gas. The rpm drops about 200 like the engine is dead for a bit, then the Pulsewidth spikes and it takes off.

Well to start I would say that your transient settings are working (fixed my LEAN PE DELAY I was seeing) as i haven't seen a lean out.. and I do finally see an increase in pulse width when I stab the gas.. I never saw that before, and AFR's immediately shoot down to PE levels when I hit the gas which is great, but I haven't shifted fast and and hard like I did before... but before I never saw the increase in pulse width related to "pump shot" so I know your settings are a huge improvement, and I haven't seen really any negative side affects even during decel, so THANK YOU.

Now on to this long term cancellation of the transients your mentioning... so far I haven't had my file in the PCM longer than 1-2 drives since I'm dialing in WOT PE MAF tables... but I will definitely start looking at it.

This is interesting as I'm on a 2010 Camaro and your on a G8... just curios if the platform or the OS has something to do with it... either way we should know soon.
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Consider this. My E38 equipped truck with 2.5 BAR enhancement is doing the SAME DAMN THING.

And a customers E38 equipped Z06 with a fairly large cam is doing it too! And it's not even 2.5 BAR. Wtf.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

well that's not good at all. Can it be linked somehow to LTFT or STFT correction?

So your saying the initial pulse width spike is totally gone? Just asking so I know what to look for.
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Senior Tuner

i noticed this the other day as well on my n/a setup.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

well that's not good at all. Can it be linked somehow to LTFT or STFT correction?

So your saying the initial pulse width spike is totally gone? Just asking so I know what to look for.
    Stft's were around -4%. And no the Pulsewidth Spike isn't gone. It's..... Delayed!

Frame shows that the dead spot lasts for around two tenths of a second.

Basically you hit the gas, hear the suction noise as manifold vacuum goes away as the TB opens, but nothing happens. The RPM drops like you killed the ignition, AFR pegs the WB lean, then the Pulsewidth spikes out of nowhere and the engine takes off like nothing ever happened.

But like I said, only after you kill/restart the engine and hit WOT once.

It also does it regardless of RPM or current TPS.

A Write Entire doesn't cure it either.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    i noticed this the other day as well on my n/a setup.
    Got a log bro?

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Senior Tuner
    Got a log bro?
    not off hand. i just noticed it fall on it's face for a split second, then blow the tires off. then a couple days later i stabbed it in second and dd the same thing. fell on it's face and blew the tires off.

Senior Tuner
    its doing exactly what you two are suffering from. i may drop back a beta and see if its a beta issue

Let me know. I'm very curious. See the reason I switched to SD on the new beta is because as soon as I wrote a new tune the car started doing this same exact thing in Pure MAF mode. It originally had me thinking my MAF was getting weak so I said screw it. Uploaded the 2.5BAR enhancement, spent a good 5 hours over the course of two weeks tuning it and bam! I now have the exact same issue without a MAF sensor.

Dont get me wrong, I love all the updates of the new OS., like the addition of a BE table and extended fan temp controls. It's all awesome. But, I would like to revert back as well, just to test myt but then I lose SD and the fact that I removed and sold my MAF sensor sucks. Whenever we get a few more hard facts on what is going on here let's email support and see if they can figure it out?
    Last edited by IDRIVEAG8GT; 10-20-2012 at 06:09 AM.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray