Thread: Help. PCM Fried...I think

Help. PCM Fried...I think

Long time user here. I've lost count of how many times I;ve flashed this car. 2002 Z06. Car has been down a while. Yesterday the car fired up just fine after sitting. Today I charged the battery for about an hour before I tried to load a tune. Tune kept failing to write. I hit abort, and I tried again but got the same result.

Now turning the car to run gives me a reduced engine power message and the fuel pump cycle is interrupted. HPT is unable to locate the VCM. Suggestions? I don't really follow wtf was so different this time. I have in fact had to abort, and HPT kicked into recovery mode successfully. It did not try to this time.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    were you doing a write entire or write calibration the last time the write failed?

Write calibration. This is a 3bar sd os btw.

Resetting the codes throuh the DIC results in them coming. Right back. 1 of them is 10 pcm no comm. disconnecting the battery overnight did not work either.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    sounds like the pcm is not recoverable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    sounds like the pcm is not recoverable.
    So what are the options to getting it fixed and HPT licensed again?

Tuner in Training
    i'm wondering the same thing. somehow i've fried two computers now in my tuning process. using write entire to swap to the 2 bar map, then write calibration only to modify.

That just can't be so. Bill has told me he has never seen a failure on a write cal that wasn't a wiring or voltage issue. /sarcasm

I had to buy a new pcm. 2 actually. 1 was a 99 year model flashed with my 02 vin. HPT wants a serial that does not exist in this perfectly good scenario so they tell you to license the whole model year. I then got an 02 411 pcm and had to license it with 2 credits. Finally I can run my car again!