Thread: Newb question: No where near as many tables available?

Tuner in Training

Newb question: No where near as many tables available?

Hey Guys,

This has probably been covered but I have spent a decent amount of money lately getting the HPTuners software and both of Banish's DVDs to basically teach myself how to properly tune or be more prepared because I have been screwed by two so-called tuners already and just plain frustrated.

That being said, please go easy if I am just missing the obvious, but in a every tuning book I have read and on Greg's DVDs it shows a TON more tables that I can edit...even in things such as injectors this is all that is shown in my view. I can't find Short Pulse adder, etc... and what I am think is how this Beta version handles its approach to tuning is different than previous versions. Am I correct here? Did I basically get both Tuning DVDs to learn this stuff on a system I don't even have or do I have to just shut up and watch both DVDs??? Hahaha

Sorry if I sound like a whiny B here but I am just frustrated at this point because I can't even make sure my injector data is right in his first DVD....hahah.

Thanks in advance!
    Dave

Edit, View, what does it show, it should be Advanced to get all of the parameters.

also, some vehicles may have less data than others. What vehicle do you have?

Tuner in Training
    I will take a look at that tomorrow but it is a '69 Cutlass with a 2002 Silverado PCM controlling a 2008 LY6 block with an LS3 top end. Did I mention that it is an F body style harness with a Lingenfelter crank sensor conversion box?

A little funky but it does work well...I am just turning into a little biotch because this process should not have taken this long to get where I am and as much money. I love learning things myself but felt having someone teach me the basics would be the right way to go. This individual was too busy to help me once he took my money and honestly now that I am understanding more of what I am looking at, I am finding wrong shyt in his tune! LOL...

Live and learn...even if it is the hard way.

Thanks for the "Edit" tip. I will check that when I get home. If it is that simple I'll buy you six pack buddy!

Dave

Advanced Tuner
    Probably is that sim
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by wyochimneysweep View Post
    Probably is that sim
    Sorry my friend, can you elaborate a little? Are you saying the version I got is possibly a turd?

Thanks,
    Dave

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm pretty sure he's probably saying "its probably that simple ie edit-view-set to advanced"
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Ok, great, thanks Bill...probably making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Tuner in Training
    Btw...when will 2.24 be ready??? Totally kidding...lol

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I'm pretty sure he's probably saying "its probably that simple ie edit-view-set to advanced"
    That's what I was getting to and the phone sent it before I was done
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85

Advanced Tuner
    How about version 2.25?

Tuner in Training
    OK it worked guys, thanks!

One thing I did notice is that when I try to copy and paste from excel into HPT, the pasted data is not exactly what I copied. It isn't rounding error either as it is either tenths or thousandths off.

Sorry for the stupidity here.

Thanks,
    Dave