Thread: 2006 GTO Crap tune?

Tuner in Training

2006 GTO Crap tune?

My buddy has Gto that was previously tuned. It smells real rich at idle and doesnt seem to pull as well as it should for being a cammed LS2.
    His mods are CAI, LT headers, and Custom Cam with specs

235/243 .620/.623 112+1 LSA

Here is the current tune. I myself am new to tuning and have yet to go to any of the live seminars to learn anything so I can't help him any yet.

Let me know what y'all think.
    Last edited by azvren; 10-02-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    From what I see in the [Engine Diag] section, the car has NO O2 sensors working. :-( ... so, yes... rich. Always.

Bad tune in a lot of ways, but that is the absolute killer.

This tune is a joke....huge cam, LSA of 112 and increased VE/MAF in the idle area The rear O2's have been disabled which is OK (assume they are not installed) but even the open loop air tables are f'd....

Stock injectors?

You need to get a WB in her and start the tune from scratch. There are plenty of tutorials on this forum.

Surprised it even runs Thank god for PCM's

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 10-03-2012 at 04:51 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Yes, right now it does have stock injectors. Well guess this weekend we'll start from a stock tune and follow the guides from there. My car was tuned by the same person, guess that means I'd better check my tune also!

Advanced Tuner
    He's right - I was sleepy last night and saw that "O2 sensors turned off" and assumed it was the front ones since you said it was rich.

Still as Mowton and I pointed out ... There is indeed tons wrong with this tune. I'll see tonight if I can find a good 'sample' tune for you to use as a base - one that was done by someone who I know is good and that you could use to get you headed in the right direction. Will be in touch when I get out of work.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks LazMan, that would be greatly appreciated! I'm heading over to my friends house after work so we can get his car running at least halfway decent.