Thread: What do I need to change when I increase boost on an LS6 maggie

Tuner in Training

What do I need to change when I increase boost on an LS6 maggie

guys,
    Im bald now. I pulled it all out. I thought I had this thing and I swear to god it went the opposist direction. I can post the tune tonight. I have the car at work and the computer. What do I need to change from going from the Stock Maggie tune (5LBS Boost to 10 lbs of boost and big headers not cats. Meth and an 18 lbs flywheel. I had the NGK wide band dialed in and then I kept messing with it and now its fueling at idle and lean at high revs. I have bought all the books except the advanced read them. Bought the Bannish CD. I been doing this for about 2 years. How can I be this stupid? Im to the point of giving up. Put it all back and sell the car. any help woud be great.
    Kelly
    03 Z06 Magnacharger, Borla stingers with XP Stainless Headers,KB Boostpump, 42 lbs injectors, 160 stat. CAI3.TPS Motorsports 427 Shifter. AFX Powerdex wide band. TIC clutch master.Monster stage3 with 18 lbs flyweel. AFX wideband. 10LBS boost. ALKYCONTROL methanol injection. DTE Trans Brace, Built MN6, NGK Iridium 7IX , 2 Bar MAP.
    [email protected]
    www.haysauto.com

Pull the stock maggie tune and compare it to stock to get an idea of what tables were changed. This would at least let you know where you should be looking.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hiperf454 View Post
    guys,
    Im bald now. I pulled it all out. I thought I had this thing and I swear to god it went the opposist direction. I can post the tune tonight. I have the car at work and the computer. What do I need to change from going from the Stock Maggie tune (5LBS Boost to 10 lbs of boost and big headers not cats. Meth and an 18 lbs flywheel. I had the NGK wide band dialed in and then I kept messing with it and now its fueling at idle and lean at high revs. I have bought all the books except the advanced read them. Bought the Bannish CD. I been doing this for about 2 years. How can I be this stupid? Im to the point of giving up. Put it all back and sell the car. any help woud be great.
    Kelly
    maf transfer and timing tables is 1 place to go first

Your stock maf is probably maxed out so you will have to cheat the PE in the high rpm. For exemple with my maxed out MAF at 6400 rpm my EQ ratio commanded is 1.55 to get 11.5 AFR.

Your injectors might also be at their limit.

Attach your files and logs it will help.
    2003 Corvette Z06 346ci LS6 Supercharged A&A Vortech T-trim 9 psi, 60lbs injectors, 556 RWHP & 466 RWTQ, summer daily driver.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alain2 View Post
    Your stock maf is probably maxed out so you will have to cheat the PE in the high rpm. For exemple with my maxed out MAF at 6400 rpm my EQ ratio commanded is 1.55 to get 11.5 AFR.

Your injectors might also be at their limit.

Attach your files and logs it will help.
    You scale the tune to allow head room on the MAF. Or you just get a larger MAF.