Thread: idle surge, cammed SC LS7 with AC on

Advanced Tuner

idle surge, cammed SC LS7 with AC on

could anyone look at that tune, this is a low compression LS7 (9.2:1) with big cam and YSI blower and 80 lbs injectors running MAF only with enhanced 2bar SD OS.

almost no noticeable bucking between 1000 and 2000rpm, stable idle but can get easily unstable with AC on. RAF matches pretty much what the idle config gives me, just added 1.5 g/s to it between 600 and 1200 rpm. Nice drivability at part throttle but it is easy to upset idle with AC on where it occassionally underswings/overswings and sometimes dies.

AC press has been increased by 25% but did not show much effect.

was playing with most idle parameters around but it sort of always happens to get upsetting idle quality with AC on. I may have overlooked something.

BTW, WOT not dialled in yet

log starts at frame 1600.........stable, then after a quick blib it starts ti beciome unstable, also wenn coming to an abrupt halt. Almost never when clutching in very late at traffic light.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ccrp View Post
    could anyone look at that tune, this is a low compression LS7 (9.2:1) with big cam and YSI blower and 80 lbs injectors running MAF only with enhanced 2bar SD OS.

almost no noticeable bucking between 1000 and 2000rpm, stable idle but can get easily unstable with AC on. RAF matches pretty much what the idle config gives me, just added 1.5 g/s to it between 600 and 1200 rpm. Nice drivability at part throttle but it is easy to upset idle with AC on where it occassionally underswings/overswings and sometimes dies.

AC press has been increased by 25% but did not show much effect.

was playing with most idle parameters around but it sort of always happens to get upsetting idle quality with AC on. I may have overlooked something.

BTW, WOT not dialled in yet

log starts at frame 1600.........stable, then after a quick blib it starts ti beciome unstable, also wenn coming to an abrupt halt. Almost never when clutching in very late at traffic light.
    I have the same problem and can't figure out.
    F1-x 26psi boost duel nozzle meth Alky kit
    6.0l 1999 C5 LS-1 6 speed manual.
    225,225/575,575 114lsa, 9.5.1 com, SD80inj LS2 Intake and ls2 90tb