Thread: Lean Decel

Tuner in Training

Lean Decel

I've been having this problem for a while with my c5 corvette and I can't seem to figure out how to fix it. My car goes very lean on decel. I thought it might have been DFCO but I'm pretty sure I have it turned off. If someone could verify that for me I would appreciate it. The injector data is from Greg Banish so I'm not sure where or how to fix this. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Be sure all DFCO is disabled, verify the VE/MAF are correct, if it still is it could be in the transient fueling or injector settings
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training
    VE and MAF are pretty close. At idle and during increasing and steady throttle the AFR error is within a few percent. It's the second I let off the gas or even just clutching in to shift gears that it goes lean until I give it gas again. The log is in closed loop, but even when I have the car in open loop it does the same thing. At the end of the log I rev it from an idle position and it goes lean there also. As odd as that sounds, I had never rev the car up from a stand still so that was the first time I noticed that too.

I would try this: increase all the VE in low MAP (15,20 and 25kpa) and also increase the the airflow in the low HZ (3500hz and lower) of the MAF table. It would not hurt anything to try and see what the log says after these changes.
    2003 Corvette Z06 346ci LS6 Supercharged A&A Vortech T-trim 9 psi, 60lbs injectors, 556 RWHP & 466 RWTQ, summer daily driver.

Advanced Tuner
    There's nothing wrong with a lean decel.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HoP View Post
    There's nothing wrong with a lean decel.
    It is when everytime you clutch in to shift it goes to 18-19 and then fumbles on accel
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

Tuner
    Did you ever figure this out?
    2001 Z06 : 856/830 : Built LQ9 403ci : D1SC 17psi : Self-built , self-tuned.