Thread: a/c idle issues

Senior Tuner

a/c idle issues

so i have more or less got everything figured out, and got the truck to idle the way i want. except for one thing. when the a/c kicks on and off. the idle drops to about 300, then kicks back up to the commanded idle. this is only in park, it does fine in drive, which confuses me.

i have tried the a/c tables, a/c ramp in, ramp out, torque management, a/c pressures/torque. no matter what i do, it still does it.

6l80e
    224/232 on a 113 vvt cam.

halps?!!?
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Your Idle Air Flow is way high.

You will find it under Engine} Idle }Airflow }Airflow Final Minimum

Try minimizing that starting by multiplying it by 60% less and go from there up or down a little. It needs some trails to get it dialed in.

Quote Originally Posted by mrshanab View Post
    Your Idle Air Flow is way high.

You will find it under Engine} Idle }Airflow }Airflow Final Minimum

Try minimizing that starting by multiplying it by 60% less and go from there up or down a little. It needs some trails to get it dialed in.
    Actually, the airflow is in the general ballpark for a cammed engine of that displacement (6.2L). Given that it idles fine without the A/C on, and no driveability issues were described, the airflow for this combination is probably fairly close.

Log the spark advance during "good" idling and when the issue occurs - it may be contributing to the current issue.

Senior Tuner
    it doesn't surge, or do anything stupid while idling in gear, or park. throw it in gear, zero rpm drop and no bucking when letting off the brake.

Senior Tuner
    got it figured out. problem is gone

Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    got it figured out. problem is gone
    Wanna share the solution?

Area47 ... why did you delete your post in this thread with the tune attached ?

The intent of any Forum is mutual assistance ... this thread may have been of use to others in future ... but now makes little sense as some of it has been deleted.

Glad to have pointed you in the right direction ... less likely to do so in the future if you continue to delete portions of threads.
    Last edited by Shrek; 10-01-2012 at 07:24 AM. Reason: - typo

Senior Tuner
    Needed more airflow at idle. It wasnt that far off actually.

Shrek, i understand the help side of it. Deleting the file was for personal reasons. There were somethings in there that were bandaided to counter act a problem and it was a pride thing more than anything else.