Thread: 06 ls2 swap in a corvair, Wont run over 0* advance

Tuner in Training

06 ls2 swap in a corvair, Wont run over 0* advance

Mid engine swap into a corvair, fires up and runs at 0* advance and when u give it throttle it drops into the negatives, At our witts end with this and have tried alot with the tune, It's a mail order from the begining, but we have been messing with it with hp tuners quite a bit, We're gonna post the original file from the mail order when it started this symptom.

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Are you running a MAF?
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

Tuner in Training
    The maf is on the car, I've just now been hired onto this issue. I tried zeroing all adaptive and adders/subtractors/multipliers of spark.

Advanced Tuner
    I asked because all the maf codes are turned off. Does the maf actually work? Get a log of it
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

Lol sounds like someone turned the MAF upside down.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Really need to post a log so the experts can look, the tune file can only tell you so much.
    I'm not one of those experts but something I noticed that is a bit strange is in the "Spark retard vs torque reduction" when you open the table it appears to be all zeros but if you scroll down the screen you can see values of around 40 degrees at the bottom.
    Does the engine have an A/C compressor? you have values in the "AC Torque" tables which can remove timing (to reduce torque) for the AC, if one is not fitted could this messing things up maybe?
    Also remember that cat light off removes spark advance even though the numbers in the table are positive, this could be removing spark possibly.
    2010 GXP Maloo ute, LS3, 6L80E.
    MM heads, 240/252@50 solid cam, 12.75:1 compression, 4500 Dominator converter, 3.46 rears.
    Shooting for 10s eventually.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the input, The car isn't ideally close to me, No a/c I'll get a log up as soon as possible because we need to end this issue... This was a 5 year swap is what the customer told me and I'd love to fix his car.

Tuner in Training
    Nobody has seen this?