Thread: Unusual AFR Jump in PE mode

Tuner in Training

Unusual AFR Jump in PE mode

I ran a few 2nd gear WOT runs this evening. I am commanding 12.5 AFR for the entire rpm range in PE mode. In the 1st run, my wideband is showing about 11.8 ish AFR for the entire run instead of 12.5. I havent adjusted MAF with wideband yet, so I assumed that this was due to the MAF output showing more incoming air than actual. In the 2nd and 3rd runs, AFR was same 11.8 ish instead of 12.5, but strangely right at 5000 rpm the wideband shows AFR slowly rising all the way back to Stoich, all while at WOT. Nothing changed between 1st, 2nd and 3rd runs. Just a couple mins between them? What gives?? I did a "read entire" to make sure this tune was installed. I attached runs and latest tune. Scroll to end of run1 to get to WOT scan. Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by jonnycatz; 09-26-2012 at 07:29 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I forgot to add that I noticed that the narrowbands are staying the same 880ish mv the entire time at wideband is showing this AFR rise. I have NPP exhaust and the wideband is a tailpipe sniffer. Could the NPP switching to full open cause this reading? Wonder why it didn't in run 1 though.

Advanced Tuner
    The LTFT are pulling more fuel in the 3rd log and your IAT is 13 deg higher. Tune the MAF so that your commanded and actual match other wise temp plays a big role in your actual a/f
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger