Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for some advice on...

looking for some advice on...

having some issues with this tune. while driving it, the engine keep surging up and down about 40-60 rpm. here is a few hpl files

the 8th run.hpl is where I broke the super charger belt. dang

Advanced Tuner
    Your LTFT are hitting -24 finish tuning it and I'll bet your problem will go away
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    Your LTFT are hitting -24 finish tuning it and I'll bet your problem will go away
    What should I set it to??
    Last edited by awdhurst; 09-27-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Post the tune. And Flame is right. Your fuel trims should stay around 0. -24 is dangerous
    2003 Chevy Silverado Daily Driver, 408 Iron Block,
    LS3 Heads/Intake, 231/239 114, 4L80e, Yank SST 3200.

Advanced Tuner
    You need to adjust the VE table and MAF if you have one until your fuel trims are within 2-3%
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

You need to adjust the VE table and MAF if you have one until your fuel trims are within 2-3%

adjusted the LTFT boundaris for the map and rpm. it helped the throttle respones alot . not exatly sure what numbers to put in the VE and MAF

Quote Originally Posted by awdhurst View Post
    adjusted the LTFT boundaris for the map and rpm. it helped the throttle respones alot . not exatly sure what numbers to put in the VE and MAF
    Use your WBO to generate a correction factor for fueling. You are running an E67 ECM with a Trailblazer tune. Many using HPT would run a MAF only tune - as the VE (or VVE - depending on your point of view) tables often overwhelm the less experienced tuner.

Also, your 2007 tune uses a Low and a High MAF table, in 2008 these were homogenized into a single table (my preference). When altering the 2007 MAF tables - make sure the highest column in the Low table (5800 Hz) has the same values as the lowest column in the High table (5800 Hz).

Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    Use your WBO to generate a correction factor for fueling. You are running an E67 ECM with a Trailblazer tune. Many using HPT would run a MAF only tune - as the VE (or VVE - depending on your point of view) tables often overwhelm the less experienced tuner.

Also, your 2007 tune uses a Low and a High MAF table, in 2008 these were homogenized into a single table (my preference). When altering the 2007 MAF tables - make sure the highest column in the Low table (5800 Hz) has the same values as the lowest column in the High table (5800 Hz).
    something like this

Advanced Tuner
    You are tuning a boosted ls2 and you don't know how to tune the ve/maf table?

Learn some basics before you blow that thing up! You should have a wideband that is logged against your VE and MAF tables so you can ensure the fueling is proper.

Your going to blow this thing up. You can't tune boost without a wideband. There is no way of knowing what your fuel mixture looks like until you hear a BANG

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike42 View Post

Learn some basics before you blow that thing up! You should have a wideband that is logged against your VE and MAF tables so you can ensure the fueling is proper.
    I have a wideband on here showing between 14.3 to 13.8 while cruzing at 65.. 2500rpm just dont have connected to the hpt .
    Last edited by awdhurst; 09-28-2012 at 05:28 PM.

thats why im here looking for some help.. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post

Thanks for you help

You need to hook the wideband up to HPT. That way you can log lambda error and tuning is soooo simple.

Advanced Tuner
    First things first get a wideband and make sure you can view it in hptuners. Dont do anything until you have that.

what would be a good gauge setup?

small adjustments

Don't go WOT your PE table is not commanding enough fuel your around 13.3 AFR (nor is your MAF from what I can tell)

Your limited by the 512 G/sec limit too, going to have to have a scaled tune or the PE table is going to have to be modded. Since your a centri blower REALLY either would work, but one is the more professional way of doing it.

Tune needs a lot of work

EDIT: Looked at a pull you did, don't go WOT again your maxing out the MAF G/sec limit at 4400 and your shifting it 6000+ with a PE table commanding 13.0 AFR (you have stoich as 14.3).
    Last edited by Ben Charles; 09-29-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

testing the wb02 input

testing the wb02. It shows up on the table display and the chart display. How do I get it to show up on the histogram chart? or is it not suppose to?

You have to add it to the chart settings and histogram settings configuration.
    2003 Corvette Z06 346ci LS6 Supercharged A&A Vortech T-trim 9 psi, 60lbs injectors, 556 RWHP & 466 RWTQ, summer daily driver.