Thread: iPhone 5 Owners: Battery Usage Estimation Fix

Senior Tuner

iPhone 5 Owners: Battery Usage Estimation Fix

I've discovered that the iPhone 5 battery usage estimation is not properly calibrated within iOS 6 from the factory. Some have been complaining online that their battery doesn't last long, when in actuality they have much more battery to go. Basically, the phone will sit on 1% and not die for 15-30 minutes after the fact, depending on your usage with it at that time. Normally, when an iPhone gets to 2 or 1%, it'll auto shut down. This tells me the % battery remaining is more likely around 15 to 25%.

Most likely, once you allow the 5 to fully drain and shut off, and then recharge it fully, it'll start estimating battery usage properly. I just finally was able to drain my battery fully, after it being on 1% for the last near 30 min. I'm now fully recharging it, and I'll report back how the battery usage estimation is afterwards. In the meantime, I'd suggest everyone with the 5 to allow it to drain completely and shut off, THEN do a full recharge before unplugging it. This should correct the issue, and will allow you to see that the 5 does indeed have the great battery performance that Apple promised.

Spread the word!

I hope this helps!
    Last edited by RWTD; 09-23-2012 at 11:00 PM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Still awaiting mine. I'm a lazy ass and just ordered mine off the net.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Saw one today at work. I would of like for it to also gain some width but overall its not that bad. Screen is really nice!

(lol, there is no other way to say that without finishing it up with a "that's what she said!")

Tuner
    Another battery issue with the Iphones?? Geez.
    1997 Black Curse SEi, 4th Engine, 2nd trans.
    2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4.3L
    2002 Chevrolet S-10 LS 5.7L

Senior Tuner
    I have been reading so much negativity about the I5 and even more negativity about the IOS6 on my newsfeed on facebook

and just came by this about the adapters and Iphone ready cars.
    Even a 2013 model will not be compatible

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...32.10263161460

That doesn't bother me too much as I use bluetooth to connect mine to an aftermarket double din Pioneer for music, phone calls etc. I look forward to seeing how all the extras work. Upgrading from a iPhone4 the upgrade should be a huge step. I know my wifes 4S is light speeds faster than mine but being jailbroken and loaded plum full of stuff really tax's the memory and processing power on mine.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

I have one, and they are worth it. You won't be disappointed James
    2003 Chevy Silverado Daily Driver, 408 Iron Block,
    LS3 Heads/Intake, 231/239 114, 4L80e, Yank SST 3200.

Tampa Orlando Dyno Tuning Camaro Corvette CTS-v GTO GM Trucks performance tuning

I ordered three yesterday.

This same thing needs to be done when doing the 6.0 upgrade on the 4S. After doing the update on my 4S my battery life was reporting to be way low. I ran it to well below the battery low warning and then back to full charge 3 times before it was finally back to where it had been before the update. After I was on the third time I read this post and found it cool that someone posted it as a helping point for others. With every phone I buy I do the same thing, run it as dead as possible and do a full overnight charging for the first few cycles. I really am interested in buying the I5, but I'll wait until the thing has been out for a bit. Every Iphone series that I know of has had issue's upon initial release and the 5 seems to be right on par.

Can we tune our iPhones with HPT? Lol!
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

I think the battery issue is with the iOS update, my iPhone 4 started doing this too and other I know. I restarted my phone today and it jumped up 4%. I didn't use it but to send one text and it dropped 6% in less than an hour.

Honestly I am not too happy with Apple. There is nothing wonderful about the new phone IMO. Two "new" phone updates and the only real change is speed and resolution, big deal. I will be switching phones soon I believe.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Advanced Tuner
    I will get a iPhone 5 for the 4g. I dislike android. And love the 4s
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85