Thread: cold start issues

cold start issues

I have a 99TA. It has trickflow heads and a comp .581/.588 cam. The car was tuned a few years ago by a local tuner. He did NOT do a good job. I took it on my self to try and learn how to tune mt car. As of right now I have my VE table tuned in with in 2-3% all the way up to 4000rpm. I also have my MAF table tuned in to 1-2%. The car drives better now than it did 9 years ago when i got it The problem i am having is early in the AM when i leave for work the car does not want to stay running, I need to keep about 5% throttle for it to stay running. After a min or to the car stays running and drives great. I was trying to fin the Russ K idle confg but i can not seem to find it. If anyone has it can the PLEASE post it or point me in the right direction. I know my neighbors hate my car starting at 6;30 am every morning..

Make sure that after tuning your VE and MAF that you don't leave the OLFA at 1.0 or whatever everywhere. If it's still at 1.0 everywhere set it back to stock and see how the car starts.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com