Thread: Tuning For Nitrous

Tuning For Nitrous

Would like to get some opinions on different methods for setting up nitrous on a street car. Specifically on a dry injection how to gain fuel and retard timing while spraying. At the same time having an ideal N/A tune up. I have heard of setting up relays to intercept ECT and IAT signals.

Or, for a wet system the best way to control spark.
    Last edited by CRTD; 06-03-2012 at 09:08 PM.

2bar SD setup is by far the best way on a Gen3 PCM with HPTuners. Basically you can tune the NA region to read normal and when nitrous activates you can wire a relay between the 5v reference and signal so that the MAP signal get's pegged with 5v making it read 200-210kpa. That way you can adjust your fueling for that portion when nitrous activates. Naturally it will calculate more airmass so it will read further down on the timing table as well so you can pull timing out there as well. Much better control than the ECT or IAT method!
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    2bar SD setup is by far the best way on a Gen3 PCM with HPTuners. Basically you can tune the NA region to read normal and when nitrous activates you can wire a relay between the 5v reference and signal so that the MAP signal get's pegged with 5v making it read 200-210kpa. That way you can adjust your fueling for that portion when nitrous activates. Naturally it will calculate more airmass so it will read further down on the timing table as well so you can pull timing out there as well. Much better control than the ECT or IAT method!
    ^^^ This I like.

LSX ,, Smart guy

i'll try to do it

specialize in: V8 Tuning (Kuwait)
    Abdullah Al-najdi
    00965 99369929
    www.youtube.com/alnajdi83
    Tuners ! Quit Raping your PE TABLE !
    instagram : alnajdi83
    best number in 1/8 mile 4.54 ( My Driving + My Tune ) !

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    You say GenIII but do you mean that to exclude GenIV and if so, why?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CRTD View Post

Or, for a wet system the best way to control spark.
    best way to control spark is through the iat sensor. Setup a resistor on a relay that when activated makes the computer think iat is excessively hot or cold and tune the spark at those temperatures. Use some temp that you'll never see. Just make sure fueling isn't affected with an adder/ subtractor.

I had good luck with my wet kit, they both have their pros and cons.
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    You say GenIII but do you mean that to exclude GenIV and if so, why?
    Just saw this... no it doesn't exclude Gen4, it's just most people running Gen4 setups are always stuck on the MAF and don't run pure SD on them because alot of people have trouble tuning SD on a Gen4. But it will for sure work on a newer application as well and if your savvy enough you don't even need a custom operating system to make use of it either.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400