Thread: Arizona shop looking for full time tuner

Arizona shop looking for full time tuner

I am the current tuner at the shop and I will be leaving here next month. The job is for a full time tuner. Professional tuners only need reply. This shop tunes everything including carbs of all types, Mopar, Ford, GM, Imports, etc. Last time I counted I had used roughly 26 different tuning software types in the last 2 years. Equipment is good with a Mustang 250 dyno and Horriba O2 system as well as injector flow bench (less than a year old) and in general more shop equipment than most shops out there. Send me a pm or call and I'll give details.

Phone: 231-638-1981

Damn Zip. If I was a little older and more intelligent I'd be your man, but I don't understand Mopar carb tuning, or Nissan/Mazda logic.

Good luck bud, hope you find someone.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    I don't understand Mopar carb tuning.
    I thought the easiest way to fix one of those was to take it off and throw it in the garbage!! EFI FTW!!!
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

LOL, yeah i see what you mean. The way I wrote that it meant that we do carbs of all types as well as efi tuning for all of those brands. In the interest of the point though we do get in the occasional O.E. resto Mopar's which means tuning 6 pack and dual quad cars. For Fords it means I do the OBD 1 and OBD 2 cars which essentially means 1989-2013. For Dodge the 1996-2010 and up are covered down to all of the stuff we can at least get software for. For GM's all the way down to 84 or so and up to 2013 are covered. I won't list all the brands of stuff used since it wouldn't be fair to HPT, but basicly you need to be able to do O.E. ECM's, aftermarkets, chip vehicles, carbed vehicles, Diesel is optional, etc, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by zippy performance View Post
    LOL, yeah i see what you mean. The way I wrote that it meant that we do carbs of all types as well as efi tuning for all of those brands. In the interest of the point though we do get in the occasional O.E. resto Mopar's which means tuning 6 pack and dual quad cars. For Fords it means I do the OBD 1 and OBD 2 cars which essentially means 1989-2013. For Dodge the 1996-2010 and up are covered down to all of the stuff we can at least get software for. For GM's all the way down to 84 or so and up to 2013 are covered. I won't list all the brands of stuff used since it wouldn't be fair to HPT, but basicly you need to be able to do O.E. ECM's, aftermarkets, chip vehicles, carbed vehicles, Diesel is optional, etc, etc...
    Any way that you could provide a little insight to the new guy? I've almost perfected GM tuning, Ford I'm doing decent, and D-Max tuning to me is very simple.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Call me and I'll give you the details.