Thread: a/c torque management question

Senior Tuner

a/c torque management question

so, im having an issue with the a/c on in my truck. it did it on the ls9 cam, and the same with the tsp vvt cam. it feels like the truck is hitting a bump in the road when the compressor kicks on. the a/c tables are stock. i was more or less wondering if tweaking these tables would help with this issue or not, or which way to go with them. im guessing add to vs torque table, but unsure on the torque reduction table. im thinking the torque reduction table is where the problem lies.

any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Advanced Tuner
    can u watch the log when the a/c engages?

see if its dropping spark or maybe its not adding enough air in when the clutch engages?

I noticed on my LS3 logs that stock it drops out a lot of timing when the compressor engages and you can def feel the sag at cruise. I am also very interested in reducing the 'droop'. All info appreciated.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

i think this is the table for this
    '09 cobalt ss. hahn intercooler, intake, cp,catless downpipe, ottp stage 2 mounts, hptuners, gmpp 3bar tmap sensors, hybrid hp tuned

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    I noticed on my LS3 logs that stock it drops out a lot of timing when the compressor engages and you can def feel the sag at cruise. I am also very interested in reducing the 'droop'. All info appreciated.
    mine doesn't sag, it seriously feels like im hitting a small bump. i guess i need to go out and log it and watch the timing.

09ss. yes, im fully aware of that table.

I really notice it at steady state cruise. I'll see if I can spot a spike in an old log & post it up.

Here's one where it dropped from 39* at cruise to 26.5* when the comp engages. I couldn't figure out what it was for a long time until I noticed a regular rhythm in the spikes, then it dawned on me as the stock tune logs had it also.

(Ignore the AFR as I am running E47, B1S1 02 is from an Innovate LC-1)

Bump! I'm having the same issue with LS9 cam. Any info? It doesn't do with A/C on it does it all the time.
    JRXTuning & Performance
    Fort Worth Texas
    [email protected]

2011 CTSV https://youtu.be/WUuGxYNfJjk
    2008 GMC Sierra 5.7, Nitrous Outlet 200shot, 4.10 gears (Sold)
    2007 GMC Sierra 4.8 4/7 drop, Tune only
    2007 CTS-V BTR STG4,TFS225,MSD Airforce,102NW TB

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGMC08 View Post
    Bump! I'm having the same issue with LS9 cam. Any info? It doesn't do with A/C on it does it all the time.
    Log it under the conditions that cause the problem and see what's going on. Without a data log you're shooting at a moving target in the dark. If the dip looks like the one Iam Broke posted, it's AC related (had it before). If the PCM is commanding AC (regardless if it actually works or not) it MAY cause the issue Iam Broke shared.

Senior Tuner
    add airflow. also add torque to the a/c tables under torque management.