Thread: Idle TPS won't go over 21% after MAF fails?

Idle TPS won't go over 21% after MAF fails?

Anyone else have this issue? I start the car the TPS is sitting at 25% the MAF fails and it instantly drops to 21% and maxes the idle timing at 31* which nearly causes it to die on a cold start.

Any help/fix? I flashed back to the stock OS, and it performed flawlessly

Here's the tune:
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

It acts like the throttle blade goes back to a maximum default TPS when the MAF fails. Is there a way to raise the max default up to about 28%? Hopefully this is something that can be added to the beta.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    Anyone else have this issue? I start the car the TPS is sitting at 25% the MAF fails and it instantly drops to 21% and maxes the idle timing at 31* which nearly causes it to die on a cold start.

Any help/fix? I flashed back to the stock OS, and it performed flawlessly

Here's the tune:
    i ran into this before.... in your main spark table in the idle region where is your timing? is it at 31 max?? set it to like 40 or 45 in that region of the main spark table. for some reason that table seems to limit the overall idle timing, which also limits your idle underspeed table.... i ran into this a bunch of times with this OS on c6 z's and g8's.... sorry cant see your tune right now, i am on another laptop

edit: saw your tune, that is your issue... set that area to 40-45 degrees, that will give your idle underspeed table some ceiling to work... like i said ran into this issue with this os a few times...
    Last edited by rynez06; 09-17-2012 at 08:40 AM.
    Owner of Cunningham Motorsports

06 z06
    2016 camaro
    68 Camaro
    2014 e63 amg
    07 LBZ Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by rynez06 View Post
    i ran into this before.... in your main spark table in the idle region where is your timing? is it at 31 max?? set it to like 40 or 45 in that region of the main spark table. for some reason that table seems to limit the overall idle timing, which also limits your idle underspeed table.... i ran into this a bunch of times with this OS on c6 z's and g8's.... sorry cant see your tune right now, i am on another laptop

edit: saw your tune, that is your issue... set that area to 40-45 degrees, that will give your idle underspeed table some ceiling to work... like i said ran into this issue with this os a few times...
    Yeah but that's not the problem. It shuts the throttle. The car has a decent cam in it, and cold starts it won't idle over 600 rpm because of the throttle blade shutting right after the MAF fails.

I need a fix for the TPS lol. Anything over about 32* idle timing and she starts knocking. Lol.
    Last edited by IDRIVEAG8GT; 09-17-2012 at 11:14 AM.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

If you raise the "Max fail" value in the Idle, Airflow tab this should allow more throttle blade area at idle with the MAF failed I think.
    2010 GXP Maloo ute, LS3, 6L80E.
    MM heads, 240/252@50 solid cam, 12.75:1 compression, 4500 Dominator converter, 3.46 rears.
    Shooting for 10s eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjas View Post
    If you raise the "Max fail" value in the Idle, Airflow tab this should allow more throttle blade area at idle with the MAF failed I think.
    If you were a woman I'd make sweet sweet love to you right now.

Lol, you were right on the money. Thank you so much

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray