Thread: Vette 6-speed auto tranny questions

Tuner in Training

Vette 6-speed auto tranny questions

I've been lightly playing with my Vette tune. Getting into trans settings and want to modify MPH shift speed points and shift pressures when I have the selector in sport mode, and also when using paddles. I notice in the tune that for shift speeds that I have Normal, Pattern A, Pattern B, and TUTD. I assume that Normal is for when selector is in D and TUTD is when I am using paddles. Which chart corresponds with when the selector is in "S"?
    Next area is shift pressure. I have Pattern X, Y, and Z. Same question. I assume X is for "D mode". Which pattern is for "S mode"?? X? Y? Finally what is a safe amount to add to shift pressures? I have seen some tunes with as much as 60 psi added though entire chart. Is +10 to 20 psi a good place to start?

Tuner in Training
    Bump!

Tuner in Training
    bump

Senior Tuner
    Quite a lot of explaining to do with the questions you are asking. Might want to pick up a Tuning School book. It gives you these answers although it does leave out quite a lot of other information that should be added.

Potential Tuner
    since no one else will help you, i'll give you some pointers from my A6 vette tune.

20psi is a good number. I wouldnt go above 180psi for 1-4 and 155 psi for 5 and 6. Adding 20 psi shouldnt really get you close to those values. Also make sure to adjust max line pressure for those values (180 across the board for d1-d4 and 155 for d5 and d6)

pattern X is for normal, pattern y is for sport and tap up and tap down.

Also, normal is obviously drive, and pattern A is sport i believe. I dont think the vette uses pattern B

Tap up/Tap down is where u set your "panic" shifts...like if you are in paddle shift mode and you somehow forget to upshift, you can set shift speeds for that. From the factory, only the auto downshifts are programmed in to prevent the car from stalling while decelerating in TUTD mode

Hope this helps

You should also work on torque managment. these things are tuned like hot jello from the factory. Messing with torque management really wakes this car up!!!
    '08 C6 A6 4LT Convertible
    Gone but not forgotten: '09 PBM G8 GT

Tuner in Training
    Thanks very much. That should get me safely started.