Thread: CASE relearn not ready??

Potential Tuner

CASE relearn not ready??

Just like the title says...my 3.8 will not do a CASE relearn. Says 'not ready'. I have the units in metric and have warmed the car up to operating temp. From what I have read here it should be good to go...yes?...no? Any suggestions??

Potential Tuner
    Oh...it's a 1997 Firebird.

Senior Tuner
    Foot on the brake through entire procedure? It's a must... and temp should be reported as >158*
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Advanced Tuner
    Isn't there something with the parking brake being engaged also?
    The Regal has been laid to rest..... rust
    Now have an 06 Lucerne with the 3.8 and wishing HPT would cover that car
    Loved my 2001 Buick Regal GS.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Potential Tuner
    Yep barking brake set, dash light on for that so parking brake good. Foot on brake whole time. Gonna try again tonight. I've followed the correct protocol according to all help I can find. Guys, this is my first time requesting assistance with cars and I really appreciate all the quick feedback...pretty cool folks! Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    Shoot, got it figured guys. Can't be doing an actual scan whaile attempting a CASE. Live and learn. Them weekend beers... Thanks again. I'LL be back!! Just put together a V-6 with the wife and it's time to tune and I am computer challenged to begin with. Should be interesting.

Foot on brake is a must. Verified today on an 06 STS-V Had parking brake set but did not try it without. Did not work without foot on brake pedal.
    1971 Corvette-LS3 swap with custom cam. Stainless headers and sheet metal intake built by the owner. 442rwhp.

2007 STS-V-Billet Precision 67mm turbo swap. 563rwhp@15psi.

1991 Camaro-6.0 swap with LS6 heads and custom cam. Headers and other swap bits fabricated by myself (wife's car)

Potential Tuner
    Ijust tried tonight, did everything the instructions said, dont think it worked. I clicked begin and started procedure and begin was still there at the end.??