Thread: Idle issues after FAST 92 install

Idle issues after FAST 92 install

Got a little tuning dilemma. If anyone can help, feel free to chime in. Car got a FAST 92 and 95mm TB put on. I tried to set my set screw stop on the TB where the engine would run normally when it was first installed. What I have is: Idle struggles when first cranked up (600-ish), then picks up (1k or so) as it gets warm, drives fine, idles at red lights at 1100 (set to 800ish), put in park and it goes to 1500rpm. Shut it down and re-crank it and its back to normal (800-ish). What should I be logging in the scanner to figure out what the hell is going on? VE table is perfect and idle stuff is completely stock except the over/underspeed tables have been trimmed down to prevent surging and I added some idle advance to try to stabilize things.
    -------------------------------------
    01 SS Red A4 #4987

Went in to check for vacuum leaks and found the IAC motor unplugged. Guess I forgot to plug it back in when I was setting the TB resting angle.
    -------------------------------------
    01 SS Red A4 #4987

good to know!
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun