Thread: Desired Boost

Tuner in Training

Desired Boost

When I add to the boost tables it doesn't make a change to what the truck makes, what gives? Kpa always pegs 255kpa via scanner Truck is one of my managers, I believe all that is done to it is a 4in turbo back, lifted on 35's. Truck is a '08

First tune is what I have done so far, second is what was in the truck when he bought it.

KPA pegs 255... all the time? When does it peg?
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

Tuner in Training
    Off the top of my head I'd say around 5sec of going wot. Is the stock air filter/intake piping that big of a restriction by chance?

Does it fluctuate at all?
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

That's the maximum boost you'll see from a stock turbo from what I've read.

You have a problem with an offset on your histogram.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap