Thread: 2 bar custom O/S and Zone Boundary clarification

Advanced Tuner

2 bar custom O/S and Zone Boundary clarification

I initially calibrated VVE using the BlueCat application. During this process, the zone boundaries were changed quite a bit from OEM. I later moved to the 2 bar custom operating system and re-calibrated VE. Admittingly, not having access to a dyno, I was unable to populate many cells / areas. So I did my best with these areas. But all in all, AFR error is under 3% everywhere I could actually populate data. The car is running pretty good, considering the 19 deg @.050 overlap and my shitty 90 octane fuel....

I had originally thought the boundaries were no loner used with the 2 bar tune. That assumption was incorrect and they are in fact referenced (Chris has verified this a few times already). Well my zone boundaries are still where they were left when I calibrated VE with the BlueCat application. I'm a bit hesitant to just move them back to OEM, or anywhere actually. I'd like to understand just how the E38 references them along with the custom O/S VE tables. Call me weird, but I like to understand the theory first, before tweaking.

Can anyone explain this? And for those of you who have the 2 bar, did you leave the boundaries at the OE settings, or did you move them?

I just installed a ported FAST intake, so I was about to verify VE and MAF again over the next couple of days. Now would be a good time to move the boundaries, if I should that is....
    When arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing....

Advanced Tuner
    I used the VVE program, but switched back to stock before I upgraded the OS

-Carl