Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody using the new beta and having trouble with Power Enrichment?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    Yeah I actually have been increasing the numbers in the transient base multiplier tables quite a bit to bring things in line. It works perfectly.
    Can you elaborate on this? What are the "base multiplier tables"?

I am N/A, but when going WOT from about 2000 rpm, the engine stumbles, then revs. I had initially thought it was spark retard, but AFR error was -8% at 6200 - 6400 hz and then it caught up.
    When arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing....

Advanced Tuner
    i'm using the new beta, i set PE Delay 3000RPM, Enrichment ramp in 2.0 but checking the last log i noted only around 4500RPM it goes to PE!!Not always but sometimes yes even if all conditions are applied (TPS,MAP,etc..).
    Is it a problem of enrichment ramp?I'll try to reduce to 1...

I'll repeat myself "How sure are you guys that this is a new problem? Do you have before/after datalogs of quick WOT pedal smacking that you can post, or post some before/after logs?"
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Tuner
    I have logs before and after...never felt or saw it until I began using the latest beta. It even shows where the throttle % delayed a sec, then shot to 83% tps. It only seems to do it when moving and above 2000rpms and TM is maxed in max torque.
    Last edited by FASSTRUK; 10-13-2012 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Omittance

Tuner
    Will post when I get home

Advanced Tuner
    If i go for example 89% tps then ok it starts but above 3000rpm and around 40%tps it doesn't start pe until 4500rpm even if i have set it to 3000rpm with no delay and min tps 30% and below after 3000rpm

So far I've never seen any of the Throttle readings or MAF delay, just the MAP reading.

I found a log from a ZL1, and I was concerned with a bit of PE delay on mine when smacking the throttle, but from factory looks like they delay PE well into boost on the production car probably using the PE delay setting, some were showing 90% TPS and 135kPa on the map sensor, and the 02 sensors are still switching high/low, no knock, and these were with somewhat slow throttle transitions to WOT.

So, I'm thinking any slight delay on these PCM's may not be fixable via the MAP settings as GM cars have delay built in on purpose.. might have to resort to my TPS PE enable or even keep my slowed Throttle opening rates to fix my instant boost spike problems.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

All you guys should try setting your MAP kPa to 78, no delay and set TPS to 5% across the board. Check and see what happens then.

Mine is throttle transition related (Which is essentially the same as what an accelerator pump does on a traditional carburetor)
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Tuner in Training
    ok if i may on my 98 vette pcm i dont have an option to increase PE. as in the 1.0 or 2.0 or anything. its on a 98 camaro LS1 and a t56 with a rear mount turbo. how can i increase PE? thanks

would it be with TPS? or map? thanks

I have seen PE delay before, i doubt it's beta related. Honestly I think this is why GM/Holden set the PE MAP so low to ensure it gets on the fueling early.... and then use mainly the throttle to reign in when it comes on.

I used to enable pe at 70 for map but found i couldn't control this odd delay issue, i now have reverted back to controlling it via TPS and have mine set to 30map which i even think is too high......

the delay issue i think comes from alot of factors, ultimately you have to simply work with what you've got

------

on another note it's weird what your o2's are doing when you floor it but frankly i think if you look at the whole scan there's more info in what those o2's are doing.... it's not just when you floor it that seems to be the problem, thats only when you notice the issue most

if i was you, i'd be messing with o2 closed loop proportional & the switching voltages of bank 1 and 2 to see what affect that has first, also set PE for map back lower eg. 65 for map and see if it kicks in faster to resolve the issue before it happens?
    Last edited by BigDaddyCool; 12-16-2012 at 07:19 AM.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Tuner
    I'm using the E38 custom 3bar OS and it's not entering PE as it should. I'm not sure if it's the beta or the custom OS, but it's one of them.

Tuner
    FYI, I just replaced the custom 2.5 bar tune file with the previous MAF only E38 tune and PE mode is entered on command. Sure looks like a problem with the custom 2.5 bar OS.

please send your MAF file, 2bar file and some scanner logs showing the issue to support.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    please send your MAF file, 2bar file and some scanner logs showing the issue to support.
    I e-mailed them to you Chris.

Keep us updated Chris, I'm still having some weird ass issues with the 2.5bar OS myself.

Probably why I'm so pissed off lately.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    Keep us updated Chris, I'm still having some weird ass issues with the 2.5bar OS myself.

Probably why I'm so pissed off lately.
    post your 2bar tune
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    post your 2bar tune
    Chris I linked another thread that has much more descriptive information, along with my newest logs and tune. That way you can see the exact problems.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41541

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Tuner
    Guys, I just saw this http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...682#post109682 in the sticky section. Related?

Good suggestion but I'm doubtful.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

This issue was so bad for me, I now shift my manual trans like a slipping auto, let the RPM's come down, shift, engage another gear, and slowly enter WOT again. I reduced the throttle opening rates down to 3%, solved my pressure spikes but then again I haven't shifted like a normal person ever since and it sucks.

Tune and file attached showing ecessive lean at tip in, with tons of knock.

A certain unnamed person blamed (and still blames all of us) on the lean transition purely on un-tuned transitional fuel (SD tables)... but this log has SD tables 200% richer than my now "TUNED" SD tables, so If there was ANY truth to that I would think I would have had slightly rich transition fuel, or at least decent transitional fuel. According to that theory, now I will run ultra lean, grenade for sure.

2B005g attached: Incident occurs at record 23733. 189kpa manifold pressure, still commanding 14.67AFR.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 12-21-2012 at 01:07 AM.
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires