Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody using the new beta and having trouble with Power Enrichment?

Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    This issue was so bad for me, I now shift my manual trans like a slipping auto, let the RPM's come down, shift, engage another gear, and slowly enter WOT again. I reduced the throttle opening rates down to 3%, solved my pressure spikes but then again I haven't shifted like a normal person ever since and it sucks.

Tune and file attached showing ecessive lean at tip in, with tons of knock.

A certain unnamed person blamed (and still blames all of us) on the lean transition purely on un-tuned transitional fuel (SD tables)... but this log has SD tables 200% richer than my now "TUNED" SD tables, so If there was ANY truth to that I would think I would have had slightly rich transition fuel, or at least decent transitional fuel. According to that theory, now I will run ultra lean, grenade for sure.

2B005g attached: Incident occurs at record 23733.
    It's all starting to come to a head. I've been so in over my head with my damn truck lately that I haven't even been able to get Chris the log he requested.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    It's all starting to come to a head. I've been so in over my head with my damn truck lately that I haven't even been able to get Chris the log he requested.
    and the last thing you want to do is go run it lean again for the sake of a log...
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    and the last thing you want to do is go run it lean again for the sake of a log...
    The lean spot is avoidable. To be honest, if you're engine is still on the warmup cycle and it goes lean for a bit and doesn't detonate, it's most likely going to forgive you.

But right now trying to tune an E38 on SD is kind of a pain in the ass. See my Silverado has Kenne Bell supercharger on it with a vacuum bar setup for all the accessories. That means it boosts instantly. If you hit the throttle at idle, by 1,400 rpm it's already built 18 pounds of boost. And it required an additional 1,000% fuel on the base gain because it was going so lean on tip in. I feel your pain.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

how did this problem get solved? having the same issue