Thread: 2006 L92 Escalade with P0011

Advanced Tuner

2006 L92 Escalade with P0011

hi guys,
    you well know that the first run of L92 on 2006 production Escalade My 2007 had installed a DOD camshaft even if the system were not active.
    On this truck, about 15 months ago, we replaced the camshaft actuator since with the engine very hot, after a WOT or high rev running, the camshaft actuator stuck open and the engine shut of ad idle. No way to restart the engine with hot oil. With cold oil the actuator goes back to its idle position and the engine fires up with no issues. In that serviced we replaced also all the lifter, the camshaft and the camshaft bearing that were worn and in my opinion that can cause the actuator to stuck due to debris in the oil.
    Now, I think we’ve some other bearing (main rod) that are not in very well shape. To make a cheap repair since customer don’t want to afford the engine overhaul or replacement, how about putting inside a stock truck camshaft without VVT with fixed gear? Tune should not be an issue with HPTuner.
    What is your opinion on this issue?

Thank you so much.

bye!

Senior Tuner
    you didn't reuse the cam bolt/oil control valve did ya?
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

we do that on all the cammed escalades and denalis that come our way.. just remember to change the timing gear cover to one without vvt. Delete the code and your good to go.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Advanced Tuner
    good to ear that.
    what camshaft do you suggest on these truck for dayly driver?
    by now I changed the condition on the VVT so the ECM will never meet the condition, will never enable the VVT, and I left the stock hardware inside. looks like it works..

bye