Thread: Would someone care to checkout my tune?

Tuner in Training

Would someone care to checkout my tune?

I tuned my car, this was my first tune It's ok, It drives great, Gets great fuel mileage. It's just a tick lean at WOT, and keeps getting leaner. I have to do a battery pull or re-flash my tune ever so often once it gets so lean... Please critique me, it help me out, thanks!

Specs: 2006 M6 LS2 GTO
    VRX5 Cam
    K&N FIPK
    SW LT w/cats
    Corsa sport cat-back
    Last edited by Mr. Smelly Gas; 09-08-2012 at 08:06 AM.

any reasons why you've disabled your oxygen sensors and fuel trims? that could be the reason why you keep getting leaner...

either way the tune seems decent.. but not much to go by on the scanner..

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazin' View Post
    any reasons why you've disabled your oxygen sensors and fuel trims? that could be the reason why you keep getting leaner...

either way the tune seems decent.. but not much to go by on the scanner..
    thanks for your time... I read somewhere where do disable the fuel trims so the ECM won't make corrections on your customized tune. I didn't realize I had the O2's disabled.

Should I enable the fuel trims and O2's?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smelly Gas View Post
    I tuned my car, this was my first tune It's ok, It drives great, Gets great fuel mileage. It's just a tick lean at WOT, and keeps getting leaner. I have to do a battery pull or re-flash my tune ever so often once it gets so lean... Please critique me, it help me out, thanks!

Specs: 2006 M6 LS2 GTO
    VRX5 Cam
    K&N FIPK
    SW LT w/cats
    Corsa sport cat-back
    You can leave the LTFT disabled if you want. Some do (some think the LTFT become "contaminated" with false data over time) as long as you have her closed loop the STFT (tuned pretty close to +/- 5%) will correct your non-wot fueling. I would say it was a bit more lean than I am comfortable with.

Make sure you reset the trims when you reenable them and during each tuning session if you are using them.

Also remember that the PCM will use the O2's to try and maintain Stoich AFR during closed loop operation (when you reenable the O2's). As soon as you go into PE (WOT), the PCM will basiaclly be in open loop using the MAF/VE modified by your PE value to generate fueling. It will also look at the trims just before entering wot and if positive (adding fuel) will add that amount to the PE/MAF/VE requirements as well.

Richen up those WOT area's as in some cases it is leaner than stoich....

Ed M

PS also make sure you disable the Cat Over Temp....can add fuel when you least expect it
    Last edited by mowton; 09-08-2012 at 11:48 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    You can leave the LTFT disabled if you want. Some do (some think the LTFT become "contaminated" with false data over time) as long as you have her closed loop the STFT (tuned pretty close to +/- 5%) will correct your non-wot fueling. I would say it was a bit more lean than I am comfortable with.

Make sure you reset the trims when you reenable them and during each tuning session if you are using them.

Also remember that the PCM will use the O2's to try and maintain Stoich AFR during closed loop operation (when you reenable the O2's). As soon as you go into PE (WOT), the PCM will basiaclly be in open loop using the MAF/VE modified by your PE value to generate fueling. It will also look at the trims just before entering wot and if positive (adding fuel) will add that amount to the PE/MAF/VE requirements as well.

Richen up those WOT area's as in some cases it is leaner than stoich....

Ed M
    Ok thanks, I will try that this evening.

I'm also not a fan of disabling codes like DTC P0068....they are there to protect. You can log the map/airflow and set them accordingly in your setup to guard against Throttle runaway.

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 09-08-2012 at 12:15 PM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

i went ahead and edited your tune a tad... i reduced the stoich value down to 14.11 due to the fact you likely are running on e10.... in addtion i added some fuel to your high freq maf table to try to reach your commanded PE of 12.78... see if this helps out your WOT af issue .... you may need to clean up your part throttle fuel trims since i changed the stoich... i am running a newer beta so make sure you got the newer beta..
    Last edited by rynez06; 09-08-2012 at 01:10 PM.
    Owner of Cunningham Motorsports

06 z06
    2016 camaro
    68 Camaro
    2014 e63 amg
    07 LBZ Duramax

Tuner in Training
    ok guys thanks for all the help!!!!!