Thread: EIO Connector Specs/Form Factor

Potential Tuner

EIO Connector Specs/Form Factor

So, I realize the preffered way to obtain an EIO connector would be to buy it from the site or an HP Tuners reseller, but if I wanted to pick one up locally, does any one know the specs or form factor of the connector? I would have to think this is a standard electronic terminal component, but I'm not sure what other options there would be to find one. Any info would be appreciated.

Senior Tuner
    I'm doubting you'll find them local unless you're in a big
    metro area with a decent brick-and-mortar electronic
    parts distributor. I've just ordered onesy-twosy from the
    HPTuners sales page when I needed some.

Digi-Key, Mouser, those kinds of places probably have
    them; trick is picking the right one out of the 20,000
    in the catalog. I can't see any identifying P/N.

It looks like this one might be right:

http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...803-ND/2261391

There are many similar to it. Semi-standard evidently.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for that. I finally stumbled on that, as well as a few other sites, and I think that the connector is a 3.5mm pluggable terminal block. I ordered one, and when it get's here, I'll confirm.

I think you're right in that I won't find one locally. I initially tried radio shack, and I hadn't realized they had gotten rid of most of their componentry in lieu of offering "kits" instead. I was also trying to find a couple extra molex pins to wire up my PLX SM-AFR, and they acted like I'd brought in magic beans. I did end up finding the molex pins at a local computer shop (I think they're the same connector that many power supplies have integrated), but no luck on the EIO-type connector. After searching MANY different terms, I finally dug up the 3.5mm terminal block, but without having one in my hand to be sure, I wanted to wait until I could confirm dimensions.

Again, thanks for the input. Hopefully this can help someone else if they get in a pinch.