Thread: Calculated Load

Calculated Load

After going from 60# injectors to 80# injectors; calculated load is no longer 100% to redline, it drops off near 6K RPM. Does anyone know what inputs are used to derive this value? I thought I saw it somewhere before but now can't find it; i.e. MAF, MAP, TPS, etc.

So far the only thing I found is from OBDII that calcualted load is a percentage of maximum airflow; so my nxt question is why does MAF decrease with larger injectors; i.e. with 60# injectors my MAF was around 250g, with 80# injectors it's around 200g, and a friend of mine with 98# injectors, a TVS, and ported heads is only getting about 150g; all at 7K RPM?

I guess I have everyone stumpped. OK how is Mass Air Flow calcualted; my MAF sensor freq. hasn't changed with the larger injectors only the mass air flow g/sec or lb/min have gone down with the larger injectors?

Advanced Tuner
    Did you have to retune the mad curve with the be injectors?
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85

Yep, it was running on the rich side from the 60# injectors. It's on the money now except down near idle which is still running about 4% rich.

From another site I found this: PID.4 (calculated load) (current airflow / peak airflow @sea level) * (BARO @ sea level / BARO) * 100%); so I guess the next question is where is "peak airflow" set or is there a setting for it?