Thread: Torque Reduction Upshift Enable

Torque Reduction Upshift Enable

In reference to THIS thread, I got the car back today to keep playing with it

Couple things before hand, car is severely traction impaired. You have to pedal it pretty much all the way through first and second and is making 600+ hp and ftlbs.

As far as current Torque Reduction Settings, I have all my Shift Torque Factors and Shift Torque Factor at 1, Cold Multiplier at Stock Settings, Shift Torque Factor Adders at 1. The adder modifier is a -.8 across the board but I have moved it around to no avail.

Played with it quite a bit today, initially thinking it was trans shift settings and I have noticed this:

Torque Reduction Upshift Enable: car goes completely bonkers on 1-2 and 2-3. huge timing pull, fells like the throttle is closing. ETC Source says Torque and ETC Torque Management Type says Trans

Torque Reduction Upshift Disable: Car is perfect. Pedal through first, shift pedal through second, shift, hammer down. No issues. But obviously no TM which I'm not sure I want on a stock transmission with a ton of power

I changed the last two columns of the Adder Modifier Table to -.95 (leaving 5% TM) and same thing, went bonkers. I was hoping that would leave some part throttle TM and taper down in WOT but it didnt work like I had hoped

I think the majority of the issue is the ETC TM, but I cannot find how to disable it and only leave spark unless I am blind.

Any assistance?
    1999 TransAm: Stock shortblock, LS6 cam, 317 heads, 60# injectors, TC76 front mount

yeah that didnt fix, this damn car is driving me crazy
    1999 TransAm: Stock shortblock, LS6 cam, 317 heads, 60# injectors, TC76 front mount

I leave the shift torque tables stock & multiply the cold multiplier table by .5 to reduce the trans torque management by 50%.

Russ Kemp

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    I leave the shift torque tables stock & multiply the cold multiplier table by .5 to reduce the trans torque management by 50%.

Russ Kemp
    The cold multiplier table in the Corvette only goes up to 104 degress. Is torque management reduced to 50% when the tranny temp is above 104*?

Any temp above 104*F is the same as the 104*F cell value.

Russ Kemp

Senior Tuner
    Thanks Russ!