Thread: LSJ Timing......

LSJ Timing......

Im running a modified OTTP tune given to me here on the forum. Runs great.

I played a lil with it and added a degree of timing. Logged for knock and saw none. So that puts me at 19.

Should I push it till I see knock (and back off) or leave it as is. Car has basic heat mods so no meth (hopefully in the future).

Some LSJ guys are running 20-21 without meth on 93?

Heres a log. Input?

What are your mods? M62 or TVS?

384whp/303wtq
    Built 2.0LSJ: TVS w/2.6, 1000cc, Stage 2 cams, custom fuel system, E85, Dual Pass, 3"intake, 3" Catless exhaust, CIA midlength Header

M62 2.8 60s zzp catted mid length/dp combo, stock catback, zzp 3 inch cai, zzp s2 h/e, zzp 1.0 pcm with ottp hpt tune basic power mods anyway. oh and 2 heat ranger colder plugs

should be the relevant mods.

With the proper cooling mods and phenolic spacers I've been able to squeeze as much as 21* up top on 93 octane. It's a bit aggressive but back-to-back runs testing the IAT2's and looking for KR will ensure it's safe.

I've been doing a lot with mid-range timing on the LSJ's and I've had noticebale improvements on driveablility and throttle response. A nice smooth ramp with some additional timing has given a lot towards the feel and out of the hole/out of corner accelleration.

Basic stuff but I thought I'd share
    Total Masshole.
    2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew Ecoboost - STOCK
    2013 Mustang GT Premium - Lots of Mods, 424 RWHP SOLD
    2009 Cobalt SS/TC Black Sedan
    227whp/224wtq Stock. Dejon CP, K&N SRI, Forge BPV, Catless, BadMab Catless DP, MPx 3" Catback, HPT Tuned 328whp/425wtq. SOLD
    2004 GTO Pulse Red 1 of 512 - R.I.P. 5/31/09