Thread: can I use a diffrnt file on another car?

Tuner in Training

can I use a diffrnt file on another car?

Just curious if I can utilize an entire bin file from a different car, but same year, make and model. I recently SD-tuned a 2004 A4 Corvette after cam install. I just duplicated the mod's on another 2004 A4 Corvette. Only difference is rear gears. If I can do this, it would save me a ton of tuning time...

Can I just overwrite the VIN, segment and checksum ID #'s then burn that down to the new car? I thought I would post this first before trying it and hurting the PCM.

Thanks in advance.

Senior Tuner

Re: can I use a diffrnt file on another car?

I believe so, but wait until the staff replies to be sure.

Tuner in Training

hey 12sec, wazzup!

Hey, different subject: you interjected a great deal on my other post last week with that 3-4 Cruise/Normal upshift TCC unlocking issue that caused engine RPMs to spool up +500rpm right after the upshift completed. The customer is bringing back his car tomorrow. I have gone through his entire A4 files jus to double check that I didnt do something stupid in any tables. I am reassured that the only table I adjusted were Shift Speed tables to accommodate the higher rpm power band of the cam. All other tables are default. So I am going to set ALL A4 tables to default and troubleshoot from scratch. Do you think I can eliminate this anomoly by simply leaving the TCC lockup on during shifts?

Robert

Senior Tuner

That function, "Lock TCC During Shifts", unfortunately does not work on our cars. You could probably get around it by setting the TCC apply speed for the upper gear (where the slip occurs) below the shift speed. Say for 2 -> 3 shift at 50%, the MPH is 30 and the 3 -> 4 shift at 50% is at 40, whereby the TCC apply speeds are 35 and 45 respectively. Reset the TCC apply speed for 4th gear to 35, the same as the 3rd gear apply speed. Also reset the Release speed to the same value as 3rd gear, but for the 4th gear Release. It "should" remain locked.

Do me a favor and log the following PIDs.

TCC Mode
    TCC Slip RPM or %
    Engine RPM
    Trans Input RPM
    Trans Output RPM

After you log the car, and if you need further help, send me the BIN and log file so I can take a look at it. Good Luck!