Thread: 05 grand prix electrical

Tuner in Training

05 grand prix electrical

i got an 05 gp and i cant figure out the problem. the dash keeps shutting off and i get codes

[Restraints] U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Immature)
    [Restraints] U1016 - Loss of Class 2 Communication with VCM (History) (Immature)
    [HUD] U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [HUD] U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [Entertainment] B1004 - Keep Alive Memory (KAM) (History) (Immature)
    [Entertainment] U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Immature)
    [Personal Comm.] U1301 - Class 2 Short to Battery (History) (Immature)
    [Personal Comm.] B2455 - (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [Personal Comm.] B2476 - Cellular Phone Select Service Switch Malfunction (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [Personal Comm.] U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Immature)
    [Personal Comm.] U1016 - Loss of Class 2 Communication with VCM (History) (Immature)
    [HVAC] U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Immature)
    [HVAC] U1016 - Loss of Class 2 Communication with VCM (History) (Immature)

wiring digram or any advice would help

Advanced Tuner
    Check all of your ground points, make sure they are in good, clean condition.
    Either, there are some chaffing wires or a couple of connectors have a bit of corrosion on them.
    Electrical gremlins are tough to eliminate.
    Might be time to invest in an alldata subscription.
    The Regal has been laid to rest..... rust
    Now have an 06 Lucerne with the 3.8 and wishing HPT would cover that car
    Loved my 2001 Buick Regal GS.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...