2010 Silverado W/T 5.3
    2.3 Lysholm Twin Screw with 3.25" pulley
    Frozenboost Heat exchanger
    ARH Headers with catted Y-pipe, stock cat-back
    Coan billet 2800 stall triple disc lock up converter
    MTI Racing Plug wires
    Eaton Posi
    3.73 Gears

Anyone have knowledge of various GM MAF sensors?

I picked up an airbox from an 05 Duramax for 2 reasons, it has a 4" intake which is alot bigger than the stock gasser airbox and because from all the pictures I've seen it looked like the MAF sensor would just drop right in. Well for the most part the airbox is a bolt in deal but the mounting for the sensor is a little different.

Here is the Duramax airbox in place. I very much like the factory look.

Note the size difference between the airbox and the intake Lysholm supplies. It's almost 3/4" I.D. bigger.

Unfortunately my MAF didn't drop right in. The hole for the sensor on the Duramax airbox is 27-28 mm diameter (it has a slight taper) and the hole in the gasser is 31 mm.

The bolt spacing that holds the sensor down is also different, the Duramax bolt spacing is 47 mm and the gasser is 52 mm.

Here is my stock 2010 MAF PN10393948 for reference:

So now I'm looking to get a Duramax sensor and change the connector, I just don't know if the Duramax sensor will work. Is this something that is easily tuned if I throw diesel MAF in? any insight is much appreciated! Thanks.

i love pics, but the pics aren't showing..

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Tuner
    Pics work for me.

The diesel MAF sensor is voltage based. As far as I know all others are frequency based. You'll have to make some sort of adapter to make your sensor work in that airbox.

Easy fix. 4" steel plumbing with a plug for the Duramax box, then just mock up a mount to be welded into your steel intake pipe.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap